Welcome to my Instant Pot caramel popcorn and today we have a real treat for you. Enter a sticky caramel heaven with this flavoured popcorn that you can have made and nibbling at in a few short minutes.
Share it with your partner over a movie, give it to your kids instead of chocolate or just have it for a delicious snack while watching TV in front of a warm cosy fire.
I remember when I went to the cinema there would always be one of two versions. There would be the savoury one or the sweet one. The savoury one was the one that thin people bought as they went into the cinema and the fatty’s would all be on the sweet variety.
You can understand why though. With salted popcorn being incredibly low in calorie and sweet being incredibly high it gave you a good choice whether you were having a fat or a thin day.
I used to love both and depending on my mood would depend which one I would get. But Dominic has always hated the salty savoury version so I would probably end up with the salt to myself. Or we would share the sweet.
But the sweet is in another league to the salty and that caramel or buttery substance just melts in your mouth and you want more and more oh and then some more.
In this Instant Pot recipe (as you can imagine) it is super naughty but also very delicious and great for sharing for a night in during these rainy evenings.
More Popcorn Recipes In The Instant Pot#InstantPot #Caramel #Popcorn #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Place the coconut oil and half the butter into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Turn it onto the saute function and allow the oil and the butter to melt.
- Once it has melted add the corn and stir well.
- Press the adjust on the saute and this will bring the temperature up to hot.
- Wait until it starts popping and then place the lid on top of your Instant Pot and wait until it has not popped for 2-3 minutes.
- While the corn is popping make your caramel sauce. Add your sugar into a saucepan along with 2 teaspoons of water. Place it on a medium heat and leave it until it starts going light brown. Though don’t mix it as it will crysalise. Once it goes light brown add your butter (be cautious of the heat of the pan though) and when the butter has melted, mix it in and turn the heat down to low. Then gradually add your milk until the sauce coats the back of your wooden spoon. Leave to one side to cool.
- Take the Instant Pot out and disguard of any hard bits of corn. Place the corn in a mixing bowl and toss in the caramel sauce thoroughly so it is well coated.
- Place in the fridge for an hour and coat again so that all the popcorn is like amazing caramel popcorn.