Welcome to my Instant Pot Homemade Strawberry Cake recipe. A delicious and addictive strawberry cake with a vanilla frosting. It is perfect for birthdays and an easy family treat.
We all have our little ways in life. Our issues. Our addictions. Our faults. Our flaws. Our personality.
I am not perfect. I like a tidy house. I can’t go to bed without making sure all the kids toys are tidied away. I can’t leave the office without it being tidy. I also have to make the bed as soon as I get out of bed and never leave it unmade.
Dominic on the other hand, is obsessed with laying his clothes out the night before. This happened because he used to start work at 6am and wanted everything done so that he didn’t wake me up in the morning (what a gentleman!) and even now still does it out of habit a decade later.
Sofia is obsessed with putting her toys away in a certain place, with passing me my glasses and passing me a mixing bowl whenever she wants me to bake for her.
It makes us giggle and makes me realise we all do, these little things and I call them our little quirks.
But even though I like keeping my kitchen tidy, I have the most annoying kitchen ever. Until we build an extension and totally renovate the house, then I am totally stuck with it. Yet the blog needs to increase its income before I can even consider this, so I expect this will be our kitchen for the next 2 years (at least) and that is why I get so excited each time our traffic grows.
The kitchen is split into 2 areas.
We have an area that is more like under the stairs storage and is so small. It has 2 cupboards wide on one side and the same on the other. It also has crumbly walls due to damp and has the stairs going up to the 2 loft bedrooms. It is also really dark as there is no windows in this section and with the 1 light on its not enough. We keep our kitchen gadgets in here and sometimes it feels like we need a torch to cook with. It is also the area that we have our main worktop for peeling and chopping vegetables.
Then there is the 2nd area. It is bigger and has our oven, hob, fridge/freezer, sink/drainer and a few cupboards. It is much lighter and better. The only problem is a lack of electric plug sockets. We have just 1 and its rather high up. So this means to use a hand mixer we have to use a window sill.
On top of this the 2 rooms are joined together by a very thin doorway. This means that we can’t move anything wide into the second area and it is everything BUT practical.
We then are constantly moving from one area to another to cook and it gets annoying.
Add to this that you have a toddler following you everywhere and one of you always ended up being bashed against the fridge freezer.
This is why we use the Mindspace Caddy. You can simply use it to store all your utensils that you’re using for a particular recipe and go from room to room. It can hold my seasonings, my vegetables, my utensils and so much more. No more angry kitchen moments that is for sure.
Though one day we do plan on improving the kitchen and when we do, we sense a lot of walls being bashed down and having a light open plan kitchen. But until then, there is hoping and there is dreaming.
In this Instant Pot Strawberry Cake recipe we loaded all the main ingredients we needed and then set to work. It helped us when we made the sponge base, the strawberry filling and of course the amazing vanilla frosting. I must have saved 20 minutes by doing it like this and I am sure we will have another Instant Pot Strawberry Cake very soon.
More Dessert Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Oreos Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Cheesecake Minis
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- Instant Pot Easy Banoffee Pie
- Instant Pot Spotted Dick Sponge Pudding
- Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
Instant Pot Homemade Strawberry Cake Recipe
- Make the strawberry sponge. Using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the eggs one at a time until they have been added and well mixed. Fold in the flour a little at a time until all the flour has been added.
- Grease the spring form pans with a little flour. Add the cake batter into 3 shallow spring form pans. Add 250ml of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot and stack the spring form pans on top of each other. Set to sealing and cook for 28 minutes and the steam setting.
- When the Instant Pot Beeps use QPR to quickly release pressure, remove them from the Instant Pot and remove them from a spring form pan onto a cooling rack.
- Make the frosting. Using your hand mixer, mix together the sugar and the soft cheese until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs (a bit at a time) and carry on the mixing process. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Finish the cake. Add a layer of strawberry jam between the 3 layers of the cake so that you have 2 strawberry jam layers. Stick them together. Pour over them the vanilla frosting make sure you use a spatula in order to level out any lumps.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries, fridge for an hour and then serve.