Instant Pot Egg Salad. Take the stress out of making your egg salad sandwiches and egg mayonnaise with a super easy no peel and no shell instant pot egg salad.
If you are looking for that magic pill with the instant pot and the reason to own the instant pot pressure cooker, then let me introduce you to my favourite ways for making an instant pot egg salad and the tastiest instant pot egg salad sandwich you have ever tried.
Instant Pot Egg Salad
Welcome to my Instant Pot egg mayonnaise sandwiches. Note, I said egg mayonnaise and you’re probably wondering why you are on an instant pot egg salad recipe and I am saying that?
This is because instant pot egg salad is American for the British favourite egg mayonnaise.
This is also an update, after we originally shared our instant pot egg salad sandwiches with you 3 years ago, we have included 3 versions of cooking eggs in the instant pot to make it even easier for you.
Using the Instant Pot egg salad sandwiches that you dream of. Lovely and warm, full of flavour and perfect use of any leftover eggs you have in the house.
When I was 18 years old I spent about 6 weeks working at a hospital in the kitchens. The job was nothing special, but it was good fun and the people were lovely to work for.
The hubby worked as the second chef in the kitchen, so it was weird him being my boss when we had only just moved in together.
I was part of the cafeteria staff that would be serving people that was eating at the hospital. I would be serving up what had been cooked in the kitchen for the lunch rush then there would be plenty of other jobs too.
One of them would be preparing the cold food that was served. This would include the fruit salads and the sandwiches.
I hated doing the sandwiches because they looked awful. Lots and lots of processed bread, fillings that looked like sick and I could go on and on.
What it did was put me off these sandwiches and I realised that a good sandwich should involve effort and it goes without saying that it should be served hot.
Bad memories of the egg mayonnaise that I made are well in the past now (20 years into the past) but I still love the trusted egg mayonnaise sandwiches, and this is how I do them now.
So, without further introductions this is my Instant Pot Egg Salad.
Why Make Egg Salad In The Instant Pot?
The instant pot is ideal for making instant pot egg salad. This is because you don’t have to stress over boiling eggs on the hob and wondering if the eggs are done or not.
You don’t have to do an ice bath; you don’t have to spend ages peeling eggs and it’s a much quicker process.
You can load your eggs into the instant pot and then the instant pot beeps when your eggs are ready to be sliced and made into a delicious instant pot egg salad.
Instant Pot Egg Salad Ingredients & Gadgets
There are 7 main ingredients that go into instant pot egg salad:
- Spring Onion
Though you might have your own favourite add ins for an egg salad. These are just my go to ingredients and yours might be different.
I like to start my instant pot egg salad off with eggs, salt and pepper and parsley. Then I will add in spring onion, celery, carrot and I can’t have an egg salad without cheese!
Then of course if you are making egg salad sandwiches, you can add in your favourite bread. I like to make my own bread maker bread or if you follow Keto you can load our instant pot egg salad mix onto cucumbers as a low carb alternative.
Of course, if you do follow a healthy diet, I recommend this paleo mayonnaise.
The Instant Pot we recommend you use is the 8 quart model. Just because you can cook more eggs at once, hence make a lot more delicious instant pot egg salad.
Instant Pot Egg Salad (3 ways)
Making instant pot egg salad is EASY but there are different ways to cook the eggs prior to turning your eggs into a delicious egg salad.
Here are the 3 ways to do it, starting with the easiest to the hardest and then you can decide how to make your instant pot eggs for egg salad:
- Instant Pot No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs – Crack an egg into each of your 7 egg bite moulds, cook on manual pressure for 7 minutes and you have perfect no shell, no peel hard boiled eggs. Slice and dice for your egg salad.
- Instant Pot Egg Loaf – A similar method to our no peel hard boiled eggs that I have mentioned above. But instead the eggs are cracked into one big container, they gel together, and it is perfect for dicing eggs for egg mayonnaise/egg salad.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs For Beginners – The original method of mine for cooking hard boiled eggs in the instant pot. They cook for just 7 minutes on manual pressure cook and there is no ice bath, no natural pressure release. Just easy and simple hard boiled eggs.
How To Make An Instant Pot Egg Salad Sandwich?
Making instant pot egg salad is EASY and it is a case of a quick cook of your eggs in your instant pot pressure cooker, a quick prep and loading in the ingredients.
- Cook your instant pot eggs following one of the 3 methods mentioned above.
- Prep your extra salad ingredients and add them to a bowl.
- Slice your just cooked eggs and add them in.
- Add seasoning, mayonnaise, mix well and serve with your favourite bread.
Instant Pot Egg Salad
Instant Pot Egg Salad Recipe Options:
- Use one of our 3 methods for making instant pot hard boiled eggs.
- Slice your just cooked eggs ready for egg salad.
- Thinly dice and clean your celery and spring onion.
- Peel and grate your carrot.
- Add to a bowl your prepped ingredients, the rest of your ingredients and your cooked eggs.
- Mix well.
- Adjust and add extra seasoning if necessary.
- Serve over bread or for a low carb alternative over cucumber slices.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: