Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is finally here. Delicious one pot cooking in the Instant Pot doesn’t get any better than this delicious feast.
Serve this up when you’re in a hurry and want a quick one pot meal in your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
Before you think that I have suddenly become a fan of Mongolian food then think again.
As many people around the world are surprised to find out that Mongolian Beef doesn’t originate from Mongolia. Instead it is a famous Chinese dish that the Americans love.
I know this because I first tried it myself in America and was surprised by its name and totally fell head over heels in love with the concept.
I had it while inside the China area of Epcot at Walt Disney World. It was when we decided to do a marathon food session and eat a little snack in each of the little countries.
But whatever you think of the history of Mongolian Beef it is still a delicious one pot dish that cooks quickly in the Instant Pot.
Plus, no matter how spicy or how mild you have it, this dish is absolutely perfect scattered with lots of spring onions.
I know this sounds crazy, considering how amazing and tasty they are, but I always seem to have spring onions just with Chinese food.
The first time I ever tried them was wrapped up with cucumber and duck inside pancakes for the most amazing taste experience of crispy duck and pancakes. I was about 11 years old when I first tried them and have been hooked on them ever since.
My grandad and I would Chinese it and hit the Chinese Buffet with a baby Kyle (he is now 16 years old).
He would chomp on a couple of chips and prawn crackers before entering a carb coma in his high chair.
Then my grandad and I would dive into the Chinese Buffet and sit there eating and having fun for the rest of the afternoon.
So, bring on the Chinese food sensation and let’s make Mongolian Beef super-fast in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker and remind ourselves that speed was the main reason for owning one of these handy pressure cookers.
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe
- Trim the fat and gristle from the beef and put to one side.
- Peel and thinly slice the ginger and the garlic.
- Rinse and dice the spring onion.
- Place the beef in the Instant Pot and set the Instant Pot to the sauté function. Then using your olive oil give it a quick blast until it is 40% cooked. Then remove from the Instant Pot and place on a clean plate.
- Next sauté the garlic and ginger for a minute until they have a little colour. Add soy sauce, brown sugar and 1 cup of water. Stir until well mixed.
- Return the beef to the Instant Pot, add the lid, set the valve to sealing and cook for 12 minutes on the manual setting.
- After 12 minutes use quick pressure release (QPR) so that the cooking process stops immediately and turn off the Instant Pot.
- In a mixing bowl use the corn flour and a small amount of water, mixing until it is smooth, making sure you don’t add too much water.
- Turn on the Instant Pot and place it back on sauté. Add the corn flour mixture (a bit at a time) and stir it in until you have a thicker sauce for your Mongolian Beef.
- 10. Pour into dishes and scatter your chopped spring onion over the top.
- 11. Serve!
Where To Source Your Beef Frying Steak To Make Instant Pot Mongolian Beef: