Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and today is one of my favourite Indian recipes and that is chicken tikka bites.
But not only is it delicious homemade chicken tikka in the Instant Pot but it is chicken tikka without any washing up!
End result = go off and enjoy your delicious chicken tikka without having to worry about the washing up that you have to do later.
These chicken tikka bites are also perfect served either hot or cold meaning that you could take them to work with you for lunch or even to the beach or park during the summer months.
If you’ve not had little chicken tikka bites before then I highly recommend it. For me it was always a go to meal when I was growing up.
Whenever I went for a meal at the Indian restaurant it was always a lot fewer calories to have chicken tikka than it was to have my favourite which was the butter chicken.
You would sacrifice the delicious Indian curries for the healthier chicken tikka and then make up for it in the deep fried starters and the delicious naan bread.
Then I remember during the 90’s the deli counter at the supermarket took off and you could go and buy some chicken tikka pieces and have them as a snack on the way home from school.
But for this recipe we are giving you a taste of India but without the high calories and not just that, because it is made inside the Instant Pot in silver foil packets, it is so easy and so low maintenance.
If you have not yet tried silver foil cooking in your Instant Pot then you MUST. Everything is prepared in them and then you just put it on and BINGO you have a delicious meal.
You can then eat it directly in the silver foil packet and then throw it in the bin when you’re done.
Though when it comes to me and my addiction to Indian food I tend to marinate it in the fridge first for an hour or two and then cook it.
Instant Pot No Washing Up Chicken Tikka Bites
- Place a large strip of silver foil onto your worktop. Add all your seasonings to it.
- Place the chicken breast on top and season it well with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with your lemon juice and add your Greek yoghurt.
- Seal it and then give it a good bash with a rolling pin on the side that has the seasoning as this will spread the flavouring.
- Place it in the fridge for a couple of hours to marinate.
- Place 200ml of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot add your steaming shelf and place the silver foil packet on top of that.
- Turn the valve to sealing and cook your chicken tikka on the steam function for 4 minutes. When it beeps allow it to remain on the keep warm for a couple of minutes before serving it.
- Slice it up into chunks and serve on skewers with salad.
Where To Source Your Chicken Breasts To Make Instant Pot No Washing Up Chicken Tikka Bites:
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
Dom: What are you cooking today in the Instant Pot
Sam: Chicken Tikka
Dom: But you know I hate Indian food?
Sam: But this is foil packet cooking darling you can have your own foil packet while I have mine and we can have completely different seasonings!