Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and this recipe is for Instant Pot perfect mashed potatoes. Enjoy creamy and fluffy mashed potatoes with a better flavour thanks to the Instant Pot!
If you’re looking for the ultimate perfect mashed potatoes in the Instant Pot then you’ve come to the right place. Dominic makes the most delicious mashed potatoes I have ever tried and they are so fluffy and tasty.
At Christmas time and Thanksgiving we will always have our role in the kitchen. Dominic will always be in charge of the potatoes, the sprouts and the turkey. However my department will always be the veggie bake, the stuffing and lots of the other sides too.
But his mash will always be prime position on the table. It will also be used for lots of leftover dishes too. But we are often guilty of not eating it enough. Its one of those underrated side dishes that gets forgotten about.
I will always remember it as the first thing Dominic ever made for me long before we got married and when we had just started living together. He served it with corned beef and loads of beans and cheese and it was absolutely delicious.
I have now spent the last 17 years asking for it again and again when I want a big comfort food kick.
But this will be the first time I have ever experienced it via the Instant Pot and it is amazing how much time it saves you in the kitchen and how delicious it is thanks to the way the potatoes are cooked first, rather than the old fashioned way of boiling them that frankly tasted bland compared to what I am used to now.
So gather up your white potatoes and lets get making some delicious Instant Pot mash.
More Potato Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot New Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potato
- Instant Pot Crash Hot Potatoes
- Instant Pot Spanish Potato Hash
- Instant Pot No Peel Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Brazilian Potatoes
- Instant Pot Turkey Colcannon
[clickToTweet tweet=”#InstantPot Perfect Mashed #Potatoes #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#InstantPot Perfect Mashed #Potatoes #Recipe via recipe_this”]
Instant Pot Perfect Mashed Potato
- Place 160ml of vegetable stock into the bottom of your Instant Pot and you can measure it out with the cup provided.
- Chop up your potatoes so that they cook quicker, you can either have them with or without the skins. Then place them in the bottom of your Instant Pot and make sure they are seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing and press manual and take it down to 5 minutes.
- Once it has started it will beep and it will beep 6 times when done. Once it has finished allow it to remain on the keep warm function for 10 minutes before removing them.
- Remove the Instant Pot and add to it the butter and milk and mash with a potato masher. Finish seasoning it and serve.
Where To Source Your Vegetable Stock To Make Instant Pot Perfect Mashed Potato:
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
I walk into the kitchen and there is white stuff everywhere. Considering we have green walls it is very noticeable.
I ask Dominic what happened……and it seems that its not a bright idea to put milk into the Instant Pot as when done, not only will the milk squirt everywhere but it will take you 2 hours to clean your Instant Pot.
Hence why we went for round 2 and did the next ones with vegetable stock.