Welcome to my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Macaroni Cheese recipe. A delicious mix of macaroni cheese, made meaty for extra flavour and perfect for a quick comfort food extravaganza in your Instant Pot or other pressure cooker.
Come on….let’s be honest……we all have that incredibly fussy eater in our household. The one that doesn’t like every vegetable, that doesn’t conform when you want to do a family meal.
You have 7 of you to cook dinner for and then there is the special one, that hates everything and that you have to make a separate meal for. Or they are vegetarian or vegan and you wonder what on earth you’re going to make, as it is new to the way you cook.
My dad is one of those special cases. It was always a case, that “Tom doesn’t like this, let’s make him this instead”. As a result my dad hated a lot of things and it felt so difficult to come up with meal ideas for him.
He hates mayonnaise, the majority of cheeses, butternut squash and anything weird that is modern. Plus he would live the rest of his life with pie and mash if he could.
I wouldn’t consider myself to be fussy though. I am allergic to nuts, hate mouldy cheese, get queasy over smoked food and hate mushrooms, but apart from that I find that I am rather easy going. If a salad is being made I will eat anything on it and end up with the biggest salad because I love everything. The same goes for vegetables. It’s hard for me to find a vegetable that I don’t like and then the same goes for fruit.
My daughter and son are the same, they love all fruit and vegetables and are really easy to cook for.
So it’s no surprise that we will all share a meal and everyone will be happy.
But not all households have that. I call it a blessing. But what do you do if they all don’t like the same? Well in my mind the great thing is to make cute little pots of pasta and then you can keep everyone happy.
That is exactly what we did with our Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Macaroni Cheese. We made 2 cute little pots of macaroni cheese. One with sausages and one with ham. Then everyone is happy. It only took a couple more minutes than usual to be able to do different pots and they are so, so cute.
Plus you don’t just have to be in fussy eater territory in order to make these. You can also do it for parties too. A girls night in would be a great example, as would a date night. It’s just something fun and different from your traditional macaroni cheese.
We used these pan inserts inside our Instant Pot Pressure Cooker in order to achieve our macaroni cheese bowls. The big deal here is that you normally have that awful splatter problem when you release pressure on your Instant Pot after cooking. That moment with your milk substance ends up on the ceiling when you do pressure release.
But in this Instant Pot recipe for macaroni cheese, instead you have these delightful pans instead that are fully sealed and then you no longer have this HUGE problem.
These pan inserts are also rather BIG so that you can do a huge batch of Instant Pot macaroni cheese if you wanted to!
More Pasta Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Garlic Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni Cheese
- Instant Pot Turkey & Sweet Potato Lasagne
- Instant Pot Turkey Tomato Penne Pasta
- Instant Pot Double Cheese Chicken Rigatoni
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Macaroni Cheese Recipe
- Put the Instant Pot on the sauté setting and add the garlic, onion, pasta, OXO cube and stir well. Add to this a litre of boiling water and give it a good stir.
- Set the Instant Pot to sealing and cook on manual for 5 minutes.
- Use quick pressure release and remove the lid from the Instant Pot.
- Put back on sauté.
- Mix in the soft cheese, milk, seasoning and cheddar cheese.
- Separate the mixture into the 2 pan inserts.
- Add the toppings of choice to each of the 2 and stir well.
- Give the Instant Pot inner pot a quick clean. Then fill it with 250ml of boiling water.
- Lower the pan inserts into the Instant Pot. Then place the lid back on the Instant Pot pressure cooker and cook for a further 5 minutes on manual.
- 10. Hit quick pressure release, stir your little pots and serve.