Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken. Delicious whole chicken cooked in the Instant Pot. It is fast. It is easy.
It uses just 2 ingredients and best of all it is much cheaper than buying a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket.
Try this quick Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken recipe and you won’t want to go back to buying them again!
It is Tuesday again and I am back with another leftover Tuesday recipe, showing you how I can make things from what I already have in.
In fact, this Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken recipe uses just 2 ingredients.
The Ingredients Are:
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 BBQ Rub
Plus of course my 6 litre Instant Pot Pressure Cooker!
What I do when I am grocery shopping is I shop savvy. I will always buy things that are half price, on buy one get one free, or offer a percentage back onto my loyalty card.
I will bulk buy monthly to save money and have a collection of frozen chickens that would be enough to start a chicken restaurant with!
Last week they had chickens on at half price, as well as this there was a deal to get 10% back on your grocery shopping.
Clearly it would be a crime to buy any less than 4 whole chickens, so I had 4 1 kilo (2.2 pound) chickens sat in the freezer waiting to be turned into delicious Instant Pot Rotisserie Chickens.
Normally on a Tuesday it is all about using up leftover vegetables or dairy that needs using up before Wednesday grocery shopping.
But I didn’t really have anything that this applied to today.
I found that the vegetables we had in was going to last until next week and all I wanted was a rotisserie chicken, something I don’t buy anymore and had a craving for.
We also had a huge amount of other food in and it was going to be a great grocery shop tomorrow, as I just knew that we could do all our grocery shopping for just 16€/$20.
I planned my Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken the night before and got it out on Monday night.
When you cook a rotisserie chicken in the Instant Pot you want one that is tender and moist and to get it like this the best thing to do is marinade it overnight (brine it).
Plus, I find that if you brine your Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken the night before, that is as authentic to a Costco rotisserie chicken that you can get.
The rotisserie chickens sold at Cosco in Vermont are put in 5 gallon buckets and then use foil covered bricks to keep them from floating.
Then they are transported overnight from Washington to Vermont.
Compare this to making your own Instant Pot rotisserie chicken. You can place them into a freezer bag that submerges them, us a lot less water, not pay the big rotisserie chicken mark up prices and just pour in 1 seasoning rather than several.
Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken is priced as follows:
- Whole Chicken = 1,75€
- BBQ Rub = 1,00€
- Total Cost = 2,75€
- Per Serving = 0,55€
This is fantastic. It is 2 ingredients which I like a LOT. I hate the fact that when you use recipes with 5 ingredients or less, that they are really processed and terribly unhealthy.
Think those Crockpot recipes that suggest you add cans of coke with cans of soup and a chicken breast. So bad for you, but this is the opposite!
When we had our Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken we had it on a Tuesday night as a family of 5.
We had it with a little avocado we had leftover and it was a very cheap meal for the 5 of us. Including the sliced avocado, it worked out at 0,75€ per person. Or in USD this is JUST $0.92.
More Chicken Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Recipe
- How To Cook A Whole Chicken In Your Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Super Simple Chicken Broth
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Instant Pot Sweet Chilli Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta Broth
Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
- Place your chicken inside a zip loc style freezer bag. Choose one that will just fit your chicken in as this will reduce in your brine waste.
- Fill it with cold water until its nearly at the point of overfilling and so that your chicken will remain submerged.
- Add the seasoning.
- Zip it up and give it a really good shake.
- Place it in the fridge for the night.
- Place 1 cups worth of the chicken brine into the bottom of the Instant Pot. This will then become its stock.
- Drain the chicken and remove its giblets.
- Add the steamer shelf (trivet) and place the whole chicken on top of it, breast facing up.
- Rub the chicken with the BBQ chicken rub until you can’t see any of the chicken skin without rub on it.
- 10. Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Set the valve to sealing and cook for 22 minutes on manual.
- 11. Use QPR (quick pressure release) and serve.