Welcome to my Instant Pot Spanish chorizo and potato hash recipe. This recipe is a delicious opportunity to make use of all your leftover sausages and potatoes to make one huge family dish that you can then serve for dinner.
I say huge because I always serve it outside in my paella pan. Once I have cooked it in the Instant Pot I will transfer it to the pan and then serve it outside in the sunshine.
Because I live in Portugal we still get some sunshine in winter (though we do wear a fleece) and eating outside as a family is always great fun.
But what is so special about the Instant Pot though is that it can do a great job of hurrying up the food if you’re in a rush and then I can transfer it for the final cooking stages or just for using for serving it up.
But back to this recipe it is so good because it is just a few ingredients and thanks to the stock that is used you get a lovely traditional food flavour that reminds you of the food your grandma used to cook. It really is like that.
I even use the same kind of stock that my grandma used to put in her cooking and it makes the kitchen smell so good.
The cooking time in the Instant Pot is just 15 minutes and then all of a sudden you have this perfect family meal.
You could be bringing the kids home from school, you could put this on and then go and spend time with them, then when it has beeped and cooled down you could serve it to them with warm crusty bread.
Or thanks to the Instant Pot keep it on the keep warm function to save some for Dad for when he comes home from work!
Plus you can impress your family by saying that you are cooking Spanish street food and they will then think you’ve made more of an effort than you actually have.
More Potato Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot New Potatoes
- Instant Pot Perfect Mashed Potato
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potato
- Instant Pot Crash Hot Potatoes
- Instant Pot No Peel Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Brazilian Potatoes
- Instant Pot Turkey Colcannon
Instant Pot Spanish Chorizo & Potato Hash
- Place your onion, garlic and olive oil into the Instant Pot. Place on the sauté setting and sauté until the onions have gone soft.
- Peel and dice the potatoes and thinly slice the sausages and add these too. Stir and add a little more olive oil if needed.
- Slice the bacon into chunks and add this too.
- Add the seasoning and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the stock and place on the soup setting for 10 minutes. Remember to turn the valve to sealing to start the pressure cooking process.
- When it has beeped manually unlock the valve and allow the steam to come out and the pressure to return to normal.
- The stock water should be drained away thanks to the potatoes but if it hasn’t drain it in a sieve.
- In a mixing bowl (or a paella or large serving dish) add a little bit more herbs and mix in the soft cheese and Greek yoghurt.
Where To Source Your Stock From When Making Instant Pot Spanish Chorizo & Potato Hash:
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
Dom: (sealing the Instant Pot for me) is this soup again?
Dom: Well it looks like soup!
Sam: No its stock used to enhance the flavour of the meal
Dom: So you do listen to my cooking advice after all!