Welcome to another of my delicious Instant Pot recipes and here is my take on Instant Pot Spanish Orange Turkey.
I am crossing the virtual border from Portugal into Spain to share with you one of the best ever Spanish recipes.
I did an orange chicken on the Podcast back in January and it was a great hit. But there was something seriously wrong with it that I want to fix in this recipe.
And that was the fact that we used Seville Marmalade to make it, when given the right equipment you can do the whole thing for yourself without using any processed foods at all.
Plus even better with turkey being so cheap at the moment make it with turkey instead.
I first fell in love with orange flavoured food while on holiday in Spain in my teens. We were visiting this amazing restaurant that was up in the hills in the Costa Blanca.
It was really high up and you had amazing views of all of the Costa Blanca. Orange seemed to be the theme that was going around with some people having orange chicken, some having orange duck and some just opting for an orange salad.
I had the orange chicken and I couldn’t believe how good it tasted for a dish that was so shockingly simple.
You can add the homemade marinade to your chicken, let it cook away and then the amazing aroma will fill your kitchen and the rest of your home.
We love to have it with rice, salad, and roast potatoes or even inside wraps as a real treat!
It is just one of those recipes that you think to yourself “how can something so simple taste so good?”
But with oranges being in season right now and a great juicer you can enjoy this Mediterranean treat whether it is sunny outside or not. Just get yourself in that Mediterranean moment.
More Turkey Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Slow Cooked Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Portuguese Turkey Rice
- Instant Pot Thai Turkey Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Turkey Rice
- Instant Pot Mediterranean Turkey Rice
Instant Pot Spanish Orange Turkey
- Start by making your marinade. Grate your oranges and place the zest to one side. Then juice the oranges into a mixing bowl. Add to the bowl all your seasonings, your honey and mix well.
- Clean and dice your spring onion. Put it to one side.
- Dice the turkey breasts, place it into the mixing bowl with the marinade, mix well and cover with silver foil and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Lay your silver foil down on a worktop and using a ladle remove the chunks of turkey. Cover it with a little of the juice (not too much that it soaks the silver foil) and then seal the silver foil so that you have a turkey breast foil packet.
- In the Instant Pot add the Instant pot water cup and on top of this place the steam shelf. Then place your silver foil packet over this so that it sits on it.
- Set it to poultry and cook for 8 minutes. Allow to rest for 2 minutes then manually remove pressure and take out of the Instant Pot.
- Move your turkey from the packet to a dinner plate, pour over it the fresh spring onion along with the orange rind and serve.