Welcome to another of my delicious Instant Pot recipes and here is my take on Instant Pot Spanish Orange Turkey. I am crossing the virtual border from Portugal into Spain to share with you one of the best ever Spanish recipes.
I did an orange chicken on the Podcast back in January and it was a great hit. But there was something seriously wrong with it that I want to fix in this recipe. And that was the fact that we used Seville Marmalade to make it, when given the right equipment you can do the whole thing for yourself without using any processed foods at all.
Plus even better with turkey being so cheap at the moment make it with turkey instead.
I first fell in love with orange flavoured food while on holiday in Spain in my teens. We were visiting this amazing restaurant that was up in the hills in the Costa Blanca. It was really high up and you had amazing views of all of the Costa Blanca. Orange seemed to be the theme that was going around with some people having orange chicken, some having orange duck and some just opting for an orange salad.
I had the orange chicken and I couldn’t believe how good it tasted for a dish that was so shockingly simple. You can add the homemade marinade to your chicken, let it cook away and then the amazing aroma will fill your kitchen and the rest of your home.
We love to have it with rice, salad, and roast potatoes or even inside wraps as a real treat! It is just one of those recipes that you think to yourself “how can something so simple taste so good?”
But with oranges being in season right now and a great juicer you can enjoy this Mediterranean treat whether it is sunny outside or not. Just get yourself in that Mediterranean moment.
More Turkey Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Slow Cooked Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Portuguese Turkey Rice
- Instant Pot Thai Turkey Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Turkey Rice
- Instant Pot Mediterranean Turkey Rice
[clickToTweet tweet=”#InstantPot #Spanish #Orange #Chicken #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#InstantPot #Spanish #Orange #Chicken #Recipe via recipe_this”]
- Start by making your marinade. Grate your oranges and place the zest to one side. Then juice the oranges into a mixing bowl. Add to the bowl all your seasonings, your honey and mix well.
- Clean and dice your spring onion. Put it to one side.
- Dice the turkey breasts, place it into the mixing bowl with the marinade, mix well and cover with silver foil and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Lay your silver foil down on a worktop and using a ladle remove the chunks of turkey. Cover it with a little of the juice (not too much that it soaks the silver foil) and then seal the silver foil so that you have a turkey breast foil packet.
- In the Instant Pot add the Instant pot water cup and on top of this place the steam shelf. Then place your silver foil packet over this so that it sits on it.
- Set it to poultry and cook for 8 minutes. Allow to rest for 2 minutes then manually remove pressure and take out of the Instant Pot.
- Move your turkey from the packet to a dinner plate, pour over it the fresh spring onion along with the orange rind and serve.
I always do these kinds of dishes in silver foil. You can add your marinade to your meat, wrap it up and it will save on a big clean up operation on your Instant Pot.
Introducing The Premium Citrus Juicer
We live in a small village in between two towns. One is 5km away and the other is 10km away in opposite direction. We love both towns and it is nice to be away from the tourists (we get very busy with tourists in the summer season) and hang out at our home in the countryside.
When we are driving home what we love are the fruit street traders. They will have a stall on their property by the side of the road and you can stop to buy fruit and vegetables. It is not like a big market stall and more like someone selling at a garage sale or a carboot.
The one we go to on the way home specialises in avocados, oranges, lemons, grapefruits, sweet potatoes and melons. Though this depends on the season and what has been growing best. She will also be selling everything at about 40% of what you would pay in a supermarket and we love the fact that they are organic and the quality of them.
To make this recipe we got hold of 2 kilos worth of oranges from her. We only needed a small amount for recipe but the oranges are locally grown Portuguese ones and we can never stop and get way too greedy when we see them.
Our verdict – Dominic actually tested it before me. He wanted to use some of our 2 kilos of fresh oranges on some orange juice rather than me stealing it all to cook the turkey with! I asked him what it was like and in simple terms he said:
“Put your fruit in and slam it down. It is so simple that even Sofia could do it”
He then went on to say that it was so easy to use he would rather keep this and ditch the electronic one that we already have.
Then after I tried it myself I have to agree. It is just so easy for juicing with and you could use it for those citrus fruits that you have that are very difficult to juice. Such as the waxy limes and lemons or those grapefruits that have caught too much sun.
Its best feature…has to be the fact that it is made from stainless steel. We see a lot of juicers out there that are made from aluminium and it is not recommended for food processing. I also find that thanks to the stainless steel it makes it so much more practical for sustaining long term durability.
Overall – it is a brilliant kitchen gadget for juicing those citrus fruits. You could use it for many, many years and you will get a LOT of use out of it. Forget going electronic what you really need is something simple like this that will always be there when you need some quick fruit juice.
It is also perfect for when you need juice when you are baking and you normally spend ages trying to get that tiny bit of juice out of a small lemon.
Buy The Premium Citrus Juicer
If you would like to buy The Premium Citrus Juicer (the same one we have) or explore the rest of their range then you can do so by clicking on the banner below:
If you would like to purchase it from the website then please click here