Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and today is all about how to make a super simple chicken broth. The kinds of chicken broth that fills your kitchen with a lovely aroma and makes you want to cook with it over and over again!
Yesterday on the blog we showed you how to cook a whole chicken in your Instant Pot. After you had all tucked into your whole chicken I am sure you were left with a bare carcass. One that needed something doing with, but you were not sure what so it ended up in the bin. However in this recipe today we will be showing you how to use the chicken bones along with leftover vegetables to make the most delicious (and so easy) chicken broth.
If you have not made chicken broth before then I highly recommend that you give it a go and it is an excellent use out of your chicken leftovers. This is all with very little ingredients needed and with everything being in your house anyway, its one of those frugal things that we should all do.
Plus, once you have made it you can use it as an alternative for chicken seasoning or chicken stock in classic chicken recipes that you’re putting together. For example you could be making a chicken curry and add some of this to the chicken as you cook it and the immense flavour of chicken is truly magical and everyone that tries it will be asking you what your amazing secret actually is.
And you can smile, tell your secret or keep it to yourself and they will just think that you are a genius.
Then once you have set your Instant Pot to work and created your chicken broth you can either place it into a jar and fridge it for another meal or you can place it into freezer containers and then freeze it for a later date for when you desperately need some flavour to your poultry.
Though if you are anything like us you will end up with a freezer full of them thanks to all the chicken you eat!
More Chicken Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Recipe
- How To Cook A Whole Chicken In Your Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Instant Pot Sweet Chilli Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken
- Instant Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta Broth
[clickToTweet tweet=”#InstantPot Super Simple #Chicken #Broth #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#InstantPot Super Simple #Chicken #Broth #Recipe via recipe_this”]
Instant Pot Super Simple Chicken Broth
- Place your chicken carcass into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Fill it with your leftover vegetables, white wine and seasoning.
- Add water until your chicken and vegetables are covered and you can no longer see them.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot, set it to the soup setting and set the pressure to low. Set the valve to sealing and cook for 2 hours.
- Once it has cooked for 2 hours allow it to remain on keep warm for 30 minutes.
- Place the contents of the Instant Pot into a clean pillow case and have a bowl below to catch the juice. Squeeze out all the juice into your mixing bowl below.
- When fully squeezed what is in your mixing bowl with become your chicken broth. Place it into jars or freeze bags or tins and make sure it is completely cold before you freeze any.
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
Dom: Try this
Sam: What is it?
Dom: No questions just try it
Sam: OMG what is that?
Dom: That is chicken broth in the Instant Pot
Sam: That is so much better than in the pan