Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and today is all about adding a little romance with our valentine inspired Instant Pot sweet chilli chicken wings. Full of sweetness with a bit of spice this is perfect for sharing with your loved one.
All this week on Recipe This we will be celebrating Valentines Day with our romantic meal for two. We will be starting today with chicken wings, then we will have dessert and sides later in the week. Though, you could just as easily have this any night of the week when you fancy a frugal date night with your other half.
These treats are just so cheap and easy to make you will wonder why you don’t do it more often. Then have a lovely night in together with a great movie and snuggle up on the sofa. Then get a natural high out of the fact that you can have a date night in without it breaking the bank.
Taking away items that I have in the cupboard such as honey, herbs etc I worked out that a date night in on our menu costs the following:
- Chicken Wings – 1,10€
- Sweet Potato Wedges – 0,60€
- Popcorn – 0,40€
- Cookies – 0,50€
This brings it to a total cost for the two of you of just 2,60€. Now if you compare this to going out for a special dinner which would probably set you back at least 40€ or alternatively ringing a takeaway and getting it delivered which would probably cost you 20€.
Yet here you are with it all in for less than 3€.
Plus it is so much fun flirting in the kitchen as you are cooking your meal. So next when it is your wedding anniversary or of course valentines day then get this menu out and give it a go!
More Chicken Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Recipe
- How To Cook A Whole Chicken In Your Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Super Simple Chicken Broth
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken
- Instant Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta Broth
[clickToTweet tweet=”#InstantPot Sweet #Chilli #Chicken Wings #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#InstantPot Sweet #Chilli #Chicken Wings #Recipe via recipe_this”]
Instant Pot Sweet Chilli Chicken Wings
- Mix together all your ingredients (apart from the chicken) in a mixing bowl.
- Keep your chicken wings in their packaging and season them with salt and pepper making sure the chicken skin is well seasoned.
- Place the chicken wings into the marinade and mix well with your hands.
- Place the chicken wings into a big piece of silver foil and wrap it tightly.
- Place the necessary 180ml of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot, place the steaming shelf on top and then the silver foil packet on top of this.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealing. Press manual for 10 minutes and allow it to build up pressure.
- Once it beeps allow it to cool down for 5 minutes before you serve it.
- Once cool remove the chicken wings from the silver foil and place into a serving dish ready for the two of you to eat.
If you want a spicier version then we suggest you double the amount of chilli powder and add some tiny pieces of chillies. Then remove the chillies before serving.
We have found the best place to source chicken wings to make Instant Pot Sweet Chilli Chicken Wings is from ButcherBox. You even receive free bacon and $10 off your first order when you sign up with this link.
Where To Source Your Chicken Wings To Make Instant Pot Sweet Chilli Chicken Wings: