Welcome to the latest rice Instant Pot recipe and today we are showing you how to make delicious Thai Turkey Fried Rice. Enjoy a delicious bowlful of Asian food with this classic dish and it is made so much quicker and easier thanks to the Instant Pot.
This is one of those types of one pot dishes that you could make in a hurry when you come home from work, grab a shower while it is cooking and then serve it to you and your family when it beeps.
Also if you are a beginner to the Instant Pot (like the majority of us are) then you can start with a simple rice dish like this to give you the confidence before you do something more complicated.
This is the kind of dish I would normally do in the wok. If we were in the rush for something for dinner and I was stressed then a stir fry would always come into play. I might have had a stressful day when a member of staff has wound me up the wrong way (trust me it happens) or our internet might have gone down, or we have had car trouble, then going into the kitchen and cooking is my true stress buster.
I would then normally put a small pan of boiled noodles on and then cook something similar to this in the wok. Then combine the two and I would have dinner ready for us all.
But the bad bit here would be that it would take a while and generate quite a few pots. However in the Instant Pot things have taken a completely different turn. Everything is done quicker in one pot and there is not a huge amount of washing up to go through. It is like the Instant Pot (or any other electric pressure cooker for that matter) was built for working mums like me that want a career, they want to spend time with their kids but they also want to put a nice meal on the table too.
Oh and did I mention that every single ingredient used in this recipe I always have in the house, making it just PERFECT for a quick dinner or supper.
More Turkey Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Slow Cooked Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Spanish Orange Turkey
- Instant Pot Portuguese Turkey Rice
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Turkey Rice
- Instant Pot Mediterranean Turkey Rice
[clickToTweet tweet=”#InstantPot #Thai #Turkey #Fried #Rice #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#InstantPot #Thai #Turkey #Fried #Rice #Recipe via recipe_this”]
Instant Pot Thai Turkey Fried Rice
- Chop up the turkey breast into bite sized pieces and put to one side.
- Deseed and dice the red pepper and chop up the courgette.
- Place into the Instant Pot your red pepper, courgette and rice and add the olive oil. Cook for 3 minutes on the sauté setting.
- Click cancel, add the seasoning, lime and the stock and stir well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set to sealing. Click the rice setting and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove the lid as soon as it beeps by manually releasing pressure.
- Add the turkey and the egg. And cook for 3-4 minutes on the sauté setting so that the turkey can warm up and so that the turkey can be covered in the rice and seasoning. Plus you want the egg to cook well so that it resembles egg fried rice.
- Serve with fresh coriander in big soup bowls.