Homemade Instant Pot Tomato Soup. Cooked while camping in Holland with a Dutch take on classic tomato soup. Grab some warm bread and come and binge on Instant Pot Tomato Soup with me.
If you read our Chicken Thigh Casserole post yesterday you will know that we are sharing recipes that we cooked in our Instant Pot while travelling. How we are publishing the 5 best over 5 days and that they are all easy family meals that you can enjoy while home or away.
Our number #2 is homemade Instant Pot Tomato Soup using a tomato soup pack that we purchased at a supermarket in Holland.
The homemade tomato soup pack included:
- Vegetable Stock
- Tomato Puree
- Fresh Thyme
We cooked this delicious tomato soup recipe in the Instant Pot while we were staying on a Dutch campsite. We didn’t like the campsite we were staying at, but at least we knew that at mealtimes we had something special.
We paired this Instant Pot Tomato Soup with some still warm crusty bread and it was amazing. This homemade creamy tomato soup must be up there with the best meals we had while we went camping.
Instant Pot Tomato Soup Using Fresh Tomatoes
It is just wrong to use tinned tomatoes in homemade tomato soup. Its just not the same depth of flavour that fresh tomatoes bring you. I love to make my Instant Pot Tomato Soup with on the vine fresh tomatoes, but any variety will work well.
How Do You Cook Homemade Tomato Soup In The Instant Pot?
#1 Sauté The Tomatoes
Its all about getting the tomatoes soft in the Instant Pot with the garlic and thyme. It gives it a delicious depth of flavour and will make you want to eat it all now.
#2 Add The Stock + Cook
Add the stock to the Instant Pot, cook, blend and serve.#InstantPot #Tomato #Soup @recipe_this
Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Peel and dice the garlic, carrots and the onion.
- Chop up the fresh tomatoes into medium chunks.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, carrots, onion and thyme into the Instant Pot and place it on the sauté setting.
- Sauté until the tomatoes have softened.
- Add the tomato puree, the vegetable stock and salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook on manual for 5 minutes.
- Manually release pressure.
- Blend and serve with warm bread.