Welcome to our latest Instant Pot recipe. Today we are rocking the soup bowls with some turkey wild rice soup. It is full to bursting with turkey, mushrooms, rice, turkey broth and plenty of seasoning. This is perfect for a quick one pot meal after a busy day at work or to soothe you when you have a virus.
It is a favourite here at RecipeThis.com because quite often a soup can be boring and often look like baby food and this one ticks all the boxes. It says I am not boring and gives you a good kick of vegetables and protein into your diet and then you feel less guilty about eating all that rice.
When we made this though we found that a lot of the products you would already have in your kitchen. We always have mushrooms in the bottom of the fridge, oils in our cupboard, rice in our utility, turkey leftovers from slow cooking our breast and not to mention loads of herbs in our storage containers.
But if you haven’t got all of these ingredients in then they are very cheap to buy. Then if you work from home (like we do) you can have it on in the Instant Pot just before your kids are due home from school, then as they walk through the door dish it up and have dinner together at the table.
We have made a few changes on the original recipe and this version is a little lower in calories than what you would expect but still so, so delicious.
So get out your Instant Pot and surprise your family with this lovely hearty one pot rice dish for dinner.
More Soup Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Mushroom Soup
- Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Instant Pot Bean & Bacon Soup
- Clean and thinly dice the celery, onion, carrots and mushrooms. Shred the turkey into small pieces. Put it all to one side.
- In The Instant Pot place it on the sauté setting and cook the diced onions until they start to soften which will usually take approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the turkey stock, add the seasonings, add the turkey and finally add the rice. Mix well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set to sealing and cook for 12 minutes on the rice setting. Manually remove the pressure with quick release, stir in the coconut milk and serve.
If you can’t get wild rice you could also use some medium grain rice.
We used coconut milk. It makes a much healthier alternative to using single cream and flour.