Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and today is all about how to make a delicious Instant Pot vegetable chow mein. Bring together all your favourite Chinese flavours into one quick family noodle recipe. This is heaven on a plate and so filling for my hungry kids.
I planned to cover comfort food on the blog (via the Instant Pot) next month on Recipe This after kickstarting our Instant Pot with lots of healthy ones. Well I nearly made it. One day short of February and here I am with a delicious noodles dish.
Of course noodles can be partly healthy thanks to the vegetables and the seasonings, but it is best not to pretend that noodles and soy sauce are good for us, as we all know they are not!
But its my birthday today (I am 35!!!) and I am sure you’ll all let me off the hook, especially with how delicious noodles can be. Then come next month I can bombard you with lots of pasta, more noodles and plenty of cakes.
But these noodles are a lot healthier than my macaroni cheese, so surely that gets me off the hook????
Anyway, back to business these noodles are truly amazing. They feature loads of noodles direct from my local Chinese supermarket, lots of Chinese flavour, vegetables and because they are cooked in the Instant Pot they don’t take all day to make.
Plus how often do you have a pan for noodles, one for your stir fry and then other bowls and things for making it all come together?
Well in this recipe it is perfect for getting it on and forgetting about it, well until that smell of ginger and garlic explodes into the air of your kitchen.
More Family Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Bite Sized BBQ Pork Ribs
- Instant Pot Beef Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Bacalhau Bake
- Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
- Instant Pot Turkey Risotto
- Instant Pot Coconut King Prawns
[clickToTweet tweet=”#InstantPot #Vegetable Chow Mein #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#InstantPot #Vegetable Chow Mein #Recipe via recipe_this”]
Instant Pot Vegetable Chow Mein
- Peel and dice your onion and place it into your Instant Pot along with your olive oil, garlic and ginger. Cook for a couple of minutes on the saute setting or until the onions soften.
- Peel and dice your carrots. Clean and dice your celery and leeks.
- Add the vegetables to the Instant Pot along with the sauces and mix well. Cook for a couple more minutes on sauté.
- Add 200ml of water along with all the seasonings and mix well.
- Bury the noodles among your vegetables and water and place the lid on your Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing.
- Cook for 13 minutes on the manual setting.
- Move the valve and manually allow the pressure to leave.
- Give it a good stir and serve.
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
Dom: That smells good
Sam: It is chow mein
Dom: BUT we are on healthy food month?
Sam: Its my birthday if I cant have noodles on my birthday when can I?
Dom: Any excuse!