Welcome to meatless Monday macaroni and cheese toasties in the Airfryer recipe.
I have had lots of messages since last week asking me what meatless Mondays is. So in case you are interested then here is the scoop. Meatless Monday was set up in the USA as a way of getting us all to eat less meat in our diets and more vegetables. It has also been suggested that by doing so we can reduce our enviormental waste.
For many food bloggers like myself it is a great way to showcase favourite vegetarian recipes that people can use for a day of the week when they don’t eat meat. So bring on meatless Monday and enjoy your vegetables!
Well this recipe breaks all those rules straight away thanks to being high carb and having no vegetables in it. But it’s a great example of how you can swap a traditional meaty dish such as a ham and cheese toastie and make it absolutely delicious for vegetarians!!!
But back to my toasties (or grilled sandwiches as they are known in the US) I don’t know about you but I love a toastie that is full of flavour and makes me want to eat more and more of them.
But the problem is that unless you like meat in your toasties or a huge amount of cheese, then you feel like you have got a half full toastie and something is missing.
That is why I love macaroni and cheese toasties as you have lots of lovely delicious pasta with cheese along with cheese sauce filling up your toastie.
Plus it is an excellent use of your leftovers for when you had lots of macaroni and cheese the night before.
More Potato Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Airfryer Thai Veggie Bites
- Baked Camembert & Soldiers
- Feta Cheese Dough Balls
- Macaroni & Cheese Mini Quiche
- Courgette & Chickpea Burgers
- Airfryer Jacket Potatoes
- Airfryer Potato Gratin
[clickToTweet tweet=”#MeatlessMonday #Macaroni And Cheese #Toasties In The #Airfryer Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#MeatlessMonday #Macaroni And Cheese #Toasties In The #Airfryer Recipe via recipe_this”]
Meatless Monday Macaroni And Cheese Toasties In The Airfryer
- Layer the bread with macaroni cheese and cheddar cheese. Make sure you spread the pasta like you’re making a sandwich so that it is not too high or too low in certain places.
- Place the other slice of bread on top and cut diagonally.
- Brush the outside of your bread with egg along with salt and pepper.
- Place in the Airfryer and cook for 5 minutes on each side at 180c or until the macaroni is hot in the middle, the cheese has melted and the bread is nice and crunchy.