This one pot pork roast is amazing. It captures the best flavours of the Mediterranean, has very little prep along with a set and forget style. Cook everything in one pot and don’t worry about having lots of washing up to do.
I must confess now that I never eat enough pork roast. It’s not that I don’t like pork roast because I do, it’s just one of those one pot pork recipes that gets forgotten about.
Instead the pulled pork, Spanish pork, pork chops or even gammon come out in front instead.
So I decided it was about time to bring pork back for its original classic way of being eaten and that is in a delicious pork roast.
With a pork roast it carries such a lovely flavour and such amazing juices. This means that it is naturally easy to cook with.
You can add your choice of vegetables to the bottom of your one pot, add the roast pork on top and then tuck in as the juices from the pork flavour the vegetables.
It is also a great way of cooking if you want to use less oil when you cook. This is because the juices from the pork roast work as an alternative to the oil, giving you a lower fat plan B.
Though I personally cooked my One Pot Pork Roast in my shallow casserole dish. Then I could start the cooking process on the hob and then finish cooking it in the oven.
Or if you are bored of pork you can also adapt this recipe for beef roast, lamb roast or venison dishes.
One Pot Pork Roast
- Peel the carrots and the sweet potatoes and chop them up into chip shapes.
- Place them in your one pot and cook with the fresh garlic cloves and 2tbsp of olive oil on a hot heat for 5 minutes. Keep turning them with tongs so that they don’t stick.
- Take off the heat. Season with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Place your pork on a chopping board. Put medium sized slits into the sides and top of it.
- Rub the olive oil into the top and sides of the pork. Then rub in the pork seasoning, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour the white wine and the litre of stock over the vegetables and give it a stir.
- Place the pork on top of the carrot and sweet potatoes.
- Cook in the oven for 40 minutes on 180/360f.
- Slice up the pork and serve with the carrots and sweet potatoes.