Paleo friendly Chick-Fil-A Sandwich cooked in the air fryer. Super healthy, super delicious and a classic copycat American chicken sandwich that you will want to cook in your air fryer over and over again.
I am sure if you have been reading recipethis.com for a while, that you will know that I am ADDICTED to chicken in the air fryer. I just love how AMAZING air fryer chicken tastes. You can even read some of our other air fryer chicken recipes here. Or more specifically we also have a list of all our popular breaded chicken recipes too.
When it comes to our air fryer chicken recipes, it is never dry, you can always make it crispy and you always have to remind yourself that it HASN’T been cooked in a deep fat fryer.
Making a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in the air fryer is no different. You can follow my simple recipe and have it cooking in no time and you can surprise your family, when they have finished eating by telling them it to Paleo!
That’s right we have a Paleo Chick-Fil-A Sandwich!
I have noticed a LOT of copycat Chick-Fil-A Sandwiches doing the rounds at the moment, but to be honest, none of them seem to be healthy and some have higher calories than the ones at Chick-Fil-A.
Plus, as a keen follower of the Paleo way of life, I wanted a healthy Paleo version that I could feed to me and my family without feeling like I am missing out. As sometimes it feels like they get the good stuff and I am just left with the vegetables or the salad. I suppose in a similar way to how a vegetarian feels at a meat buffet.
If you have not heard of the Chick-Fil-A Sandwich then in a nutshell it is:
“A boneless chicken breast seasoned perfectly, hand breaded and then served with dill pickle chips”
Paleo Chick-Fil-A Sandwich In The Air Fryer
In my version I am swapping peanut oil for no oil. As that is the biggest thing about the air fryer is that you can cook food either without oil or hardly any. I also have a son with a peanut allergy, so peanut oil will never be an option on RecipeThis.com.
I am using gluten free oats instead of flour or breadcrumbs. This gives it a lighter crust and means that you don’t have that heavy feeling after you have eaten. Of course, if you have a favourite Paleo flour then use that instead.
I am swapping whole milk for coconut milk. It gives it a creamier texture of the chicken and stops it from going dry. As you don’t need much to coat the chicken with, it’s a good calorie saver.
I’m sticking with tradition. I love a copycat meal that reminds me of the original and even though I like to be original, I have made it better and tastier but keeping the flavours. I have also served it with dill pickle chips, just like you would get at Chick-Fil-A. Plus our dill pickle chips are also paleo!
I’m using my Philips XL air fryer. It’s a bigger air fryer making it perfect for making lots of Chick-Fil-A Sandwiches, without feeling like your air fryer is overcrowded.#Paleo Chick-Fil-A Sandwich In The #AirFryer #Recipe @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Butterfly your 2 chicken breasts into 4 equal sized pieces.
- Place in a zip loc bag the juice from one jar of dill pickles, salt, pepper and 125ml of coconut milk. Shake well add the butterflied chicken and shake again, until all the chicken is well coated.
- Place the zip loc bag in the fridge for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and put to one side.
- Pour the zip loc ingredients into a mixing bowl or large bowl and beat into it a small egg.
- In the blender add to it the gluten free oats, extra salt and pepper and celery salt. Blend until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Place it into another mixing bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place it into the wet ingredients bowl, then in the dry ingredients bowl and then place it into the air fryer.
- Cook for 12 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Serve with dill pickle chips. For an added extra you can also serve them inside gluten free bread rolls.
Don’t place the chicken in the fridge for more than 20 minutes. Because you’re using coconut milk it will go hard if left for too long. You can replace gluten free oats with whatever Paleo substitute that you like. One of my readers loves coconut flour, where as I hate it. Or if it wasn’t for nut allergies in our house we would use almond flour.
We have found the best place to source chicken breasts to make Paleo Chick-Fil-A Sandwich In The Air Fryer is from ButcherBox. You even receive free bacon and $10 off your first order when you sign up with this link.