Welcome to my Paleo meatball soup in the slow cooker recipe.
Don’t you just hate it when you go on a diet or you decide to eat healthy and every meal time seems to involve chicken and vegetables or fish and vegetables?
Well this recipe is one of those that prove a point. It proves that Paleo is not about bland diet food but it is about having a good dose of vegetables in your diet and really enjoying your food.
I will confess now that I am a huge fan of meatballs. They are one of my favourite foods and snacks. I love them in a meatball sub, as party meatballs with my late aunts’ delicious recipe or just as a traditional meal with some spaghetti.
But how about in a soup? Whenever I mention soup to Dominic he gives me that look of torture and why do I have to feed him soup. But add some seasonal vegetables to a homemade tomato sauce with homemade meatballs and I have him hooked.
I reckon you could talk any soup hater round with this delicious invention.
It is also 100% Paleo and I am sure your kids will go back for seconds and maybe even thirds!
[clickToTweet tweet=”#Paleo #Meatball #Soup In The Slow Cooker Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#Paleo #Meatball #Soup In The Slow Cooker Recipe via recipe_this”]
Paleo Meatball Soup In The Slow Cooker
- Start by making your meatballs. In a bowl mix the meatball ingredients together and make into 12 medium sized balls. Put them to one side.
- Fill your slow cooker with whatever vegetables you have decided to use. For us we used onion, tomato and courgette so that it had a Mediterranean feel about it.
- Cover with your tomato sauce and mix well.
- Finally lay your meatballs on top and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Serve with a little coconut milk on top and some fresh chives.
Where To Source Your Ground/Minced Beef To Make Paleo Meatball Soup In The Slow Cooker: