Welcome to my latest blender recipe. This is for my quick blend avocado devilled eggs.
Whether you call them devilled eggs or not where you come from they are amazing as a healthy eggy snack and perfect for dinner parties.
You notice I mentioned “what they are called where you are from” well that is because there are so many different words to describe them that it can actually be rather confusing.
I have always known them as devilled eggs but they are also known around the world as:
- Deviled eggs
- Stuffed eggs
- Angel eggs
- Russian eggs
- Dressed eggs
- Picnic eggs
- Chopped boiled eggs
And the list goes, on and on and on!
But in a traditional recipe devilled eggs are always served with the yolk mixed with mustard and mayonnaise and sometimes cheese.
But hey this is January and like the rest of the world it is diet month! Therefore we can’t be seen to be eating mayonnaise especially not shop bought mayonnaise.
So this is my mayonnaise free, healthy version that is full to bursting with goodness.
You could have this for breakfast as something healthy to start the day, serve them up at a dinner party, take them to a summer picnic or even to a barbeque or what about those festive parties that you go to?
Well whatever the occasion eat these as they are delicious and your kids will love them!
My kids personally love them when I am late cooking their dinner (us working mums can’t be perfect)!
And with kids often saying how much they hate avocado it is a great way to keep them healthy without them even knowing it 🙂
If you don’t have a blender this is the one I have!
Quick Blend Avocado Devilled Eggs
- Slice your hard boiled eggs in half and scoop out the yolk. Place the yolk in the blender.
- Add to the blender all the seasonings along with the avocado, the spinach and the egg yolk and blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk so that it becomes lovely and creamy.
- Salt and pepper your egg whites.
- Using a large spoon pour the mixture over your eggs.
- Fridge for 30 minutes so that they can set and then serve.