Reheating In Air Fryer. Let me show you how easy it is to reheat your leftovers in the air fryer. From mashed potatoes to meatloaf to egg rolls to pizza to fries to steak, we have you covered.
Also, before we dive into this air fryer reheating guide, I recommend you check out our free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
Or browse our site as we have 450+ air fryer recipes that are easy to recreate at home and we have been showing people how to use the air fryer since 2011.
Reheating Food In Air Fryer
Many people replace their microwave with the air fryer. After all, the air fryer is many kitchen gadgets in one. It can grill, it can deep fry, it can be a toaster and best of all, like a microwave it can reheat food.
But did you know that the air fryer does a BETTER job than the microwave for reheating food?
That is because it makes the food crispy again rather than soggy. Just think of those times you have reheated leftover pizza or garlic bread in the microwave and thought it wasn’t as good. Or how you ruined your takeout fries in the microwave.
Can You Reheat Food In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can. The air fryer is fantastic for reheating food.
You need to use a lower temperature when reheating food in the air fryer and need to make sure your food doesn’t get dry, but overall, its very easy to reheat food in the air fryer.
Bur don’t worry, we have plenty of recipes showing you how to reheat your food in the air fryer and best of all, how to make your air fryer reheated food BETTER.
Warming Up Food In Air Fryer
Before we dive into how we use the air fryer to reheat food, you can also use it to warm up your food too.
I am thinking of my mum here.
She would order a kebab to be delivered and then when it was delivered would always complain that it was no longer piping hot.
Load her kebab into the microwave and give it a quick warm up for 2 minutes.
This can be done in the air fryer for 3 minutes on 160c/320f.
How To Reheat Food In Air Fryer
Now onto the meat and potatoes as people say. These are the easy recipes we have made so far from reheating leftovers in the air fryer.
After many requests from our readers for recommendations for reheating foods, we did a big experiment.
Every weekend we published two new recipes that focused on reheating in the air fryer for several weeks. Showing how we reheat our food and the best cook times and practices for doing so.
Below is the air fryer reheat recipes and do post in the comments if you are looking for advice to reheat a specific food that is not mentioned.
- Reheat Burger In Air Fryer – Using leftover burgers from McDonalds we showed you how to get the burger piping hot again but without the burger bun going soggy.
- Reheat Chicken Tenders In Air Fryer – This is perfect for when you are feeding kids and they leave the food on the plate and you don’t want food waste. You can simply reheat it the next day.
- Reheat Chinese Food In Air Fryer – One Chinese food that I love to reheat is egg fried rice. You can use frozen containers that you have bought from the supermarket, or your own that you have reheated.
- Reheat Cooked Steak In Air Fryer – Another option is to reheat your favourite steak. We tested reheating steak in the air fryer with ribeye, sirloin and rump and they were all delicious.
- Reheat Egg Rolls In Air Fryer – I love how crispy you can make egg rolls when you reheat them in the air fryer. Because they have been cooked twice, I find that they taste better than
- Reheat Baked Potatoes In Air Fryer – This is fantastic for make ahead cooking too and shouldn’t be limited it just reheating your leftovers. What you can do is make your baked potatoes in advance and then reheat them as you need them in the air fryer.
- Reheat Mac & Cheese In The Air Fryer – You will love our ideas of reheating the last of your leftover mac and cheese. Truly delicious and perfect for avoiding food waste too.
- Reheat Fries In Air Fryer – Forget those soggy microwave fries this is how to reheat your frozen fries that you have previously cooked in the air fryer. It amazes me how delicious these are the second time around.
- Reheat Pizza In Air Fryer – The first food that we ever showed you how to reheat in the air fryer. Years later, we have updated it for you, and you will love how delicious your pizza leftovers are.
- Reheat Fried Fish In Air Fryer – This is perfect for when you have cooked fish and chips or had a Friday night supper and have some left over. I love how crispy the batter goes on the fish and how flavoursome it is.
Well, they are our top 10 air fryer recipes from leftovers, but we have more. Here are three bonus recipe ideas that you will not have thought of that are ideal for the air fryer.
- Reheat Mashed Potatoes – You will love this post and how many different ways you can reheat mashed potatoes in the air fryer or use mashed potatoes for exciting new recipes. We even have Jorge’s homemade gnocchi!
- Reheat Meatloaf – I also love to use the air fryer to reheat meatloaf. You can warm up slices of meatloaf with tomato ketchup for sandwiches, or use the air fryer to make a meatloaf hash.
- Reheat Quiche – Another air fryer reheat recipe that is better in the air fryer compared to the microwave. Forget soggy crust this is how to perfectly reheat your quiche. Do small slices for a quicker cook time or bigger ones.