Roast Chicken Dinner In The Air Fryer. Enjoy the BEST EVER Sunday roast chicken dinner. One that you would proud to share with your family and one that is cheap to make and so delicious. This roast chicken dinner in the air fryer comes with homemade sage and onion stuffing, succulent roasted chicken, roast potatoes and 2 vegetables. All cooked in the air fryer in under an hour.
I have lived in Portugal for nearly a decade. It will be our decade anniversary on the 20th of July 2018. When we first moved here it was me, Dominic and Kyle. He was 6 years old at the time and we brought him to Portugal for a better standard of life.
He has attended Portuguese school, is fluent in Portuguese, has Portuguese mates, eats Portuguese food and is as Portuguese as you can get.
For us we love the Portuguese culture, the Portuguese food and the Portuguese weather, beaches and waterparks are an added bonus.
Because it has been such a long time since we lived in the UK we consider ourselves more Portuguese than we do British. We celebrate Portuguese traditions and celebrate the Portuguese mothers and father’s day rather than the British. We don’t even watch British TV.
But we still have a soft spot from time to time for the British food and it doesn’t get any more British than the Sunday roast chicken dinner. But we are modernising it and cooking it in the air fryer.
YES, REALLY in the air fryer.
But not just that EVERYTHING is cooked in the air fryer. It saves you on pots and pans and means that you can get cleared up much quicker. We also don’t have it where you cook your chicken, then potatoes and then vegetables. Everything cooks at the same time as the roast chicken.
- The Roast Chicken
- The Sage & Onion Stuffing
- The Roast Potatoes
- The Roast Veggies
I have experimented with doing this for a while, because we all want something that is so easy, that we leave the sofa to prep, go back to the sofa and then let the air fryer do all the hard work for you.
EXACTLY 50 minutes to make Roast Chicken Dinner In The Air Fryer
#1 You make the stuffing and stuff your roast chicken
#2 You prepare the vegetables for your roast chicken dinner
#3 You cook the roast chicken dinner breast side down
#4 You flip the chicken over and cook your roast chicken dinner breast side up
Though I should mention that we used our Philips Airfryer XL to complete the meal in with the only extra accessory being a pair of cooking tongs to be able to turn the chicken over. We love the XL and we got it because it is PERFECT for cooking BIGGER meals rather than just French Fries. You can click here to get the exact same air fryer that we have.
Don’t think that cooking a roast chicken dinner should be hard work because it shouldn’t. Thanks to a really good air fryer, along with some quick prep its like the dream Sunday dinner. Forget how many hours our grandmas spent cooking in the kitchen, as with such great modern technology we really don’t need to slave away!
Or you could be naughty and invite your grandma around for a roast chicken dinner and she will think you worked for hours on it!
[clickToTweet tweet=”#RoastChicken #Dinner In The #AirFryer #Recipe @recipe_this ” quote=”#RoastChicken #Dinner In The #AirFryer #Recipe @recipe_this “]
Roast Chicken Dinner in the air fryer
- Start by making your stuffing. Clean and dice your leek. Peel and dice the onion. Mix together in a bowl with the sausage meat, sage, thyme, salt, pepper, butter and mix well. Once it is well mixed add to it the breadcrumbs. Make it into a giant ball. Stuff the sage and onion stuffing into the cavity of the whole chicken.
- Massage a tablespoon of olive oil into the breast sides of the chicken until all visible chicken skin is lightly oiled. Season all the oily areas with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Turn the chicken breast over and place into the air fryer breast side down.
- Now do the same with the bottom side of the chicken making sure it also gets the same amount of olive oil, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Peel and dice the carrots into large chunks, then quarter the courgettes into medium sticks. Place the vegetables into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and drizzle a little olive oil. Mix with your hands so that it’s all well coated. Place the carrots and courgettes down the side of the chicken in any available room.
- Cook the chicken (breast side down) for 25 minutes at 180c/360f. While the chicken is cooking, peel and dice your potatoes ready for roast potatoes. Place them in the same bowl that you seasoned the courgette and carrot in and add a little salt and pepper to them and give them a mix.
- After 25 minutes using your kitchen tongs, remove the chicken from the air fryer and put it to one side while you remove all the carrots and courgettes. Place the carrots and courgettes into a separate bowl and put to one side.
- Place the chicken back into the air fryer (this time breast side up) and place the roast potatoes in any available spaces around the edge of it.
- Cook for a further 25 minutes at the same temperature.
- 10. Check to make sure it is cooked and serve with the roasted vegetables and the stuffing.
Where To Source Your Whole Chicken To Make Roast Chicken Dinner In The Air Fryer:
Roast Chicken Dinner In The Air Fryer
Today is the last of our $5 family meal ideas for a while. That is because summer is coming, and summer officially starts the day after tomorrow and out are the wintery comfort food meals with your family and in come our summer foodie heaven.
It has been so much fun dedicating every fortnight over the last 4 months on a Sunday to $5 meals and to show that we can all live for less. But still enjoy delicious cheap family meals.
We dedicated the month of April to the roast chicken dinner, because to use that is the food of Sundays and perfect for if you want something simple.
You can access the rest of our Sunday dinner $5 meals below:
- Lemon Chicken Traybake
- Chicken Pot Pie & Mash
- Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
- Irish Beef Stew & Guinness
- Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
- Lemon Rosemary Air Fryer Chicken & Potatoes
- Airfryer Roasted Chicken & Sage & Onion Stuffing
Cheap Meals For $5 Meal Plan
If you’re looking for even more cheap meals that you can make for $5 then I recommend you sign up for the $5 meal plan. It comes with a 14-day free trial and then it is just $5 a month if you decided to stick with it and just think how much money you could save!