Welcome to my simple prawns and zoodles recipe.
This is what I call a simple base recipe. One that you can alter as you see fit for whatever flavours you’re in the mood for.
The inspiration for this recipe has come from my favourite Wok bar here in Portugal. It is a DIY wok bar and you would look up at the choices on the board and pick what you want in your dish. You would choose from egg noodles, one calorie noodles (yes there is such a thing), and rice and then choose your fish, vegetables and your sauce.
I would often have Thai chicken rice with a spicy coconut sauce and Dominic (who can’t handle Thai spices) will have chicken in a nice Chinese sauce with some mushrooms.
We are both really happy with our choices and the portion sizes are huge. Though we still always have enough room to sneak in a McFlurry when we are done!!!
However when we visit another Wok bar we will choose our meat or fish and then the sauce is always the same which is a nice mixture of soy sauce and garlic. This is what I am using here and then you can change that sauce as you wish for whatever you’re in the mood for and then serve up a quick evening meal for you and your family.
[clickToTweet tweet=”#healthy simple #prawns & #zoodles recipe thanks to @recipe_this” quote=”#healthy simple #prawns & #zoodles recipe thanks to @recipe_this”]
Simple Prawns And Zoodles Recipe
- Peel and dice your onion and place it in a large wok. Add the uncooked prawns and olive oil and cook for five minutes on a medium heat.
- Put the prawns to one side.
- Spiralize the courgette and add it to the wok. Cook for a further three minutes on a medium heat.
- Peel the prawns and add it to the wok along with the seasonings.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes and serve!