Slimming World Beef Hotpot. A fantastic use of leftover beef stew and ready in just a few short minutes. Serve it on a Monday with leftover Sunday dinner grub or make my Slimming World Beef Hotpot from scratch. The choice is yours.
This Slimming World Beef Hotpot came about when I made too much filling for my Slimming World Cornish Pasties last week. I didn’t want to freeze them because they tasted so good that I wanted to make another meal with them on the same day.
That is when I bulked up the Cornish pasty filling, put into my favourite dishes and loaded it up with thinly sliced potatoes. It looked just like and tasted just like Beef Hotpot and it got me thinking that every time that we made our Slimming World Cornish Pasties that we would have Beef Hotpot the same day!
Or if you love your beef stew, then having beef stew on Sunday for dinner and then on Monday night you can have the easiest ever Slimming World Beef Hotpot. Just imagine that?
Slimming World Beef Hotpot
In our Slimming World Beef Hotpot, the emphasis is on leftovers and saving money. The idea that you’re making something already and you might as well bulk up leftovers for an extra meal.
We used the filling that we made from our Slimming World Cornish Pasties recipe and then bulked this up by steaming some carrots, adding some beef gravy and then using this as the base for our beef hotpot. Then of course some past their best potatoes that needed using up, are layered on top for that classic beef hotpot look.
You could of course use beef stew, lamb stew, cottage pie or even shepherds pie as your bottom layer. It also stops you over eating and helps with your Slimming World weight loss, if your leftovers have a purpose.
I also say there should be no rule here. If you have lots of vegetables in the bottom of your fridge that you didn’t use at the weekend or if you have sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes, then you should use them.#SlimmingWorld #Beef #Hotpot Recipe @recipe_this
Slimming World Beef Hotpot
- Peel and dice your carrots and place them in the inner pot of your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Add 250ml of warm water. Cook on manual for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel your potatoes and thinly dice them like a hotpot topping, making sure they are of a similar size. Using your hands mix in salt, pepper and a teaspoon of olive oil. Cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 160c/320f, followed by a further 5 minutes at 200c/400f.
- When the Instant Pot beeps manually release pressure and add your stew leftovers to your Instant Pot and mix well.
- Add in the beef gravy granules and using the sauté setting, stir until you have a thick liquid among your leftovers.
- Place the filling in the bottom of your dishes, followed by your air fried potatoes on top. Serve warm.
We used our leftover Slimming World Cornish Pasties filling, but any leftover stew that you have is fine. Its important that your potatoes are of a similar size. Otherwise some will go like crunchy crisps and then the others will be undercooked.
We found that because leftovers thicken when left in the fridge overnight that you only need 1tsp worth of gravy granules to thicken it all up. This works out at 1 Syn. As well as this the olive oil (if not counting as a HEB) works out at 2 Syns. So to feed four of you for dinner this dish works out at 3 Syns in total or 0.75 Syns per person.