Welcome to my Slimming World BEST EVER Butter Chicken curry in the slow cooker.
In a delicious creamy sauce and full of body it is perfect for an SP day on Slimming World + it is completely Syn Free.
Now this has to be a favourite of mine. I mean who doesn’t just love butter chicken?
It was my meal of choice many years ago when I used to go out for an Indian with my parents when I was in my teens.
It was always served with almonds so I would always ask for it to be nut free.
I would then have it with chips and naan bread. Prior to this I would have had the poppadum’s with pickles and probably a chicken pakora.
Then I would finish everything off with an Indian dessert from the dessert menu.
My folks hated me doing the last part. Just because they used to always say I was the slowest eater on the planet.
I probably was. And they would be waiting ages for me, so to wait for me to finish what they were eating and then have dessert was like the final nail in the coffin.
But I loved the food and hardly have a curry these days. Dominic doesn’t like it and I hate the idea of making a separate meal for him or for me (depending which way you look at it).
So every now and again when we have leftovers free for him, I will get the slow cooker out for me and the kids (they love curry just like me) and cook up a great butter chicken style curry.
This Slimming World recipe is a basic starting point. One that you can add ingredients to and use as your basic recipe.
If you want to (I do this) then a great idea is to add loads of vegetables and maybe some chickpeas to it and then you have a big chunky butter chicken curry.
Also by adding more vegetables to it, then it becomes perfect for SP days on Slimming World.
Personally, there is a huge amount of tomatoes in the sauce so you can achieve a SP meal just from doing the basics.
Slimming World Best Ever Butter Chicken In The Slow Cooker
- Chop up the tomatoes and remove the cores. Place them in the bottom of the slow cooker along with the onions. Place on high and cook for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours add the ingredients from the slow cooker along with the tomato puree, garlic and the tinned tomatoes into a blender. Blend until smooth and place back in the slow cooker.
- Stir in the Greek yoghurt
- Dice the chicken and add it to the sauce.
- Add all the seasonings, give it a stir and cook for 6 hours on low (or 3 on high)