Welcome to my Slimming World Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe via the Instant Pot. Delicious succulent chunks of chicken with a spicy Mexican marinade served with a comforting salad.
This is one of those dishes that we should just all love. I have love burritos and often get sick of eating wraps all the time and by having a warming chicken burrito bowl instead it gives you a fantastic low carb alternative.
You start off with a huge layer of lettuce and avocado, add loads of salad items to the mix (such as tomatoes and peppers), add beans of your choice, follow this up with sweetcorn, add loads of chicken, sprinkle with grated cheese, add some yoghurt and you the best ever Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe.
Then as well as this just think of the calories you save from those super fattening wraps as I know that whenever I do have wraps, I am nearly always guaranteed a weight gain.
But how do you make this Slimming World friendly? After all Slimming World wont like sour cream or a lot of the other things that go into a traditional chicken burrito recipe?
Well I always use my favourite fat free Greek Yoghurt. Then I always syn the avocado, I use no olive oil with this dish and then everything else is Syn Free. So you could say that it ticks all the boxes and gives you a hearty comforting salad rather than feeling like you’re eating loads of rabbit food.
Plus we start the dish off by marinating the chicken in silver foil in the Instant Pot. This allows us to make the chicken without any washing up and then everything is thrown into the bowl, making it an easy tidy up dish afterwards. So perfect if like me you’re a working mum and want something quick and easy.
More Chicken Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Recipe
- How To Cook A Whole Chicken In Your Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Super Simple Chicken Broth
- Instant Pot Sweet Chilli Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken
- Instant Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta Broth
[clickToTweet tweet=”#SlimmingWorld #Chicken #Burrito Bowl #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#SlimmingWorld #Chicken #Burrito Bowl #Recipe via recipe_this”]
Slimming World Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
- Over a big sheet of silver foil add the seasonings and the chicken, seal up, give it a bash so that the seasoning is well covered and then seal it up.
- Place the chicken on top of the steaming shelf with a cup of water below it. Set the lid to sealing. Place it on steam and cook for 25 minutes on the manual setting. When it beeps remove it from the Instant Pot and open the silver foil and double check the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- When it is chop it up into bite sized chunks and then put it to one side.
- In four different bowls add a handful of lettuce to the bottom. Follow this up with sliced spring onion and diced tomatoes.
- Add a layer on one side of sweetcorn, a layer of kidney beans on the other and then on the third section add your chicken.
- Place a big spoonful of Greek yoghurt in the centre and finish it off with grated cheese.
- Serve while the chicken is still warm with a drizzle of lime.