Welcome to my Slimming World Slow Cooked Mediterranean Chicken Bake. This is full to bursting with Mediterranean flavours and perfect for eating on a SP day on Slimming World.
It is completely Syn Free and is quick and simple to cook.
This is my kind of good food. You throw everything in, at a bit of seasoning and you have a delicious meal. It is loaded with lots of vegetables, chickpeas and chicken thighs.
You then let the slow cooker do the work for you and then when it is ready dish it all up and be amazed by how filling it is and how low in calories at the same time.
I do a lot of different versions of this. But one thing that always stands out is the chicken thighs and the vegetables.
We were out for dinner last week and we went to our favourite café here in Portugal. They always have a delicious meal of the day on offer and it is 5€ for a drink and the meal.
The meal of the day will always depend on what is in season and it will be proper Mediterranean home cooking at its best.
This time we went it was something similar to this. The only difference being that it was more like a casserole with loads of juices and was served with fresh bread.
But apart from that it was the same.
The versions I do at home usually have either a tomato and red wine base or a honey and mustard one, so this one is a little different, but still shouts out that you must eat it all NOW!
Once you have got yourself familiar with this Slimming World recipe you can simply change it for whatever meat you have in, or add more vegetables for a vegetarian version.
Slimming World Slow Cooked Mediterranean Chicken Bake
- Peel and dice your onion. Dice your courgette and clean and quarter your cherry tomatoes.
- Drain the chickpeas and place them along with the items on your chopping board and the tinned tomatoes into your slow cooker and mix well.
- Add the seasonings and give it a stir.
- Place the chicken thighs on top and salt them as you add them.
- Place the lid on and cook on high for four hours in your slow cooker.
- Stir halfway through and then serve once the four hours is up.