Welcome to my Slimming World Sticky Chicken & Vegetables recipe in the slow cooker. Get excited over delicious seasonal vegetables paired with sticky chicken drumsticks cooked to perfection in the Slow Cooker.
OMG this is what lunch of my dreams is made up of.
Sticky chicken is just so good but have it with chicken drumsticks with the meat falling off the bone and you have complete food heaven.
We have this a lot and in the old days this is what we used to roast in the oven for dinner, long before we discovered a love for the slow cooker and the Instant Pot and before our world was over run with useful kitchen gadgets.
Back then we would peel and dice our vegetables, mix them with a quickly made marinade and then place the chicken on top.
And of course finish it by rubbing oil into the chicken skin, season it well and then it would cook in the oven and bake for 90 minutes.
But the problem there is that they are not Slimming World friendly and would often include a lot more oil than I would dare to admit to.
In this Slimming World sticky chicken version the coating is all free food and so easy to make for maximising your Extra Easy SP Days on the Slimming World diet.
It is all cooked in the slow cooker and the great thing about the slow cooker (well apart from set and forget) is that you don’t need oil to cook a great dish in it.
This is completely oil free and perfect for dinner.
When I make this, when it is cooked I place it all in a white casserole dish and put it on the table with whatever I am serving it with.
We are a family of five so it is often bumped up with a big side salad, fries or some rice.
You could then use this as the basis for a whole range of meats and vegetables. For example another family favourite is to do it with a pork shoulder or a leg of lamb.
Slimming World Sticky Chicken & Vegetables In The Slow Cooker
- Chop up the potatoes, peel and chop the carrots, dice the tomatoes into quarters and slice up the aubergine.
- Place them all into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the seasoning and mix well with your hands until everything is well covered.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes and mix again.
- Remove the skin from the chicken legs.
- On a chopping board lay out your chicken legs. Using a pastry brush cover in the soy sauce the Worcester sauce. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken legs over the vegetables and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.