Welcome to this delicious Slimming World Syn Free Lasagne Soup recipe here at RecipeThis.com. The Syn Free recipe ticks lots of boxes – it is full of flavour, loaded with vegetables, low in fat and fills you up for hours and hours.
Earlier in the week I showed you how to make an amazing homemade tomato sauce. It was baked in the oven and free from any oils and also tasted amazing. Now how about doing something delicious with that amazing sauce?
One of my biggest addictions in life is pasta and cheese. I am a total addict when it comes to lasagne, pasta Bolognese, macaroni cheese….and I could go on and on. But the problem is that if I eat a big bowl of pasta then I am guaranteed a weight gain. It is like the nasty dried pasta sticks to my abs and then I am doomed.
However if you take this Slimming World Lasagne Soup instead the focus is on the mince, the sauce and the vegetables rather than the pasta. Meaning that this becomes a Slimming World SP meal and is perfect for actual weight loss.
With cheese from your healthy extra A allowances this is perfect for lunch or dinner.
When we made it we had one lot for lunch (it made more than what we thought) then in the evening Dominic had the leftovers while we all had butter chicken. Dominic hates spicy food so we made sure he had the last of this soup.
You start by adding the tomatoes and the sauce to the casserole dish (this is like the one we used) and then throw in the rest of the ingredients, stir everything well and then let it cook out in the oven. Then 30 minutes later serve it up with some cheese as we should all eat loads of cheese as it is the law!
[clickToTweet tweet=”#SlimmingWorld #SynFree #Lasagne #Soup #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#SlimmingWorld #SynFree #Lasagne #Soup #Recipe via recipe_this”]
Slimming World Syn Free Lasagne Soup
- Dice the tomatoes and remove the cores.
- In a casserole dish or Dutch Oven place your onion, garlic, tomato puree and fresh tomatoes. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Add a can of tinned tomatoes and the tomato sauce and mix well. Add the seasoning.
- Add the mince.
- Add the beef stock along with broken bits of lasagne and give it one last stir and the mince will now be floating around a bit like a watered down Bolognese.
- Place the lid on it and cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 200c.
- Take the lid off and stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Serve with a spoonful each of soft cheese and some fresh herbs.