Welcome to my Slimming World Turkish Beef Stew In The Slow Cooker. Full to bursting with Mediterranean flavours, lean beef, tomatoes and plenty of beans. It makes this just perfect for a SP meal on Slimming World thanks to the balance of speed foods and protein and it being virtually Syn Free.
I love the combination of this beef stew especially if you are on Slimming World. You see you have the delicious flavours of the Mediterranean and at the same time loads of beans to give your body a protein boost, then as well as this you have your tomato flavoured sauce and loads of lean beef.
Also because you have the beans it always feels like it has the body that you often miss with a traditional beef stew. And because you have the beans you really don’t feel like you’re missing out. As I often feel that beef stew is missing its dumplings but with this recipe you really don’t need them.
When you cook this recipe you can do so over four hours on high in the slow cooker. Or alternatively if you are out at work all day you can swap it for 8 hours on low. Put it on before you leave for work in the morning and then when you get home in the evening you will have a delicious family meal for you to all share.
Though when we had this Turkish Beef Stew we put it on low in the morning and then had it for lunch.
[clickToTweet tweet=”#SlimmingWorld #Turkish #BeefStew In The Slow Cooker #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#SlimmingWorld #Turkish #BeefStew In The Slow Cooker #Recipe via recipe_this”]
Slimming World Turkish Beef Stew In The Slow Cooker
- Turn on the slow cooker and place it on high.
- Remove the fat and dice the beef into bite sized chunks.
- Peel and dice the onion and place it in the slow cooker with the beef, the cumin and the olive oil. Give it a good mix with your hands and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the canned beans to remove the excessive amount of salt.
- Dice the fresh tomatoes.
- Add to the slow cooker the two cans of tinned tomatoes, the fresh tomatoes, the tomato puree and the beans as well as the rest of the seasoning.
- Add the beef stock.
- Stir well and cook for the remainder of the four hours.