Welcome to my slow cooked French pot roast. This brings together my love for traditional French cooking and their amazing pot roast.
I just love French cooking. As a teenager I spent about two weeks every year in France. This was because my mum and dad had a motor home and we would go travelling for up to four weeks. Two of these weeks were always spent in France.
I got the opportunity to eat out at a lot of amazing French restaurants. As well as this we also had many meals from cafes and enjoyed lots of street food. Along with this were trips to large supermarkets when the choices of fresh fruit and vegetables were truly amazing.
Ever since then (it was 1997 when I was last on holiday with my parents though I have been back since) I have loved to cook and to eat French food.
In this recipe for a slow cooked pot roast, I am enhancing a lot of the flavours of France including red wine. I am not a fan of drinking red wine but love cooking with it as it gives an amazing flavour to your cooking.
This pot roast recipe would also make a brilliant option for when you have friends or family round for dinner and I am sure they will want seconds, so make sure you have a big enough roasting joint!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Slow Cooked French Pot Roast #potroast from @recipe_this” quote=”Slow Cooked French Pot Roast #potroast from @recipe_this”]
Slow Cooked French Pot Roast
- Place the olive oil in the bottom of your slow cooker on a high heat. Allow to warm up for about 10 minutes.
- Chop and peel your onion and add your onion, grated ginger and garlic puree to the olive oil.
- Season the slow cooker ingredients with salt and pepper. Then once the onions have cooked for five minutes add the brisket. Give it five minutes on each side so that it is getting a nice coating of the ginger and garlic.
- Remove the brisket from the slow cooker and set to one side.
- Pour in the red wine into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Then add the tinned tomatoes and the herbs and stir well.
- Place the brisket back in the slow cooker and then cover the sides of the brisket with the celery and carrots.
- Cook for a further 5.5 hours on a low heat setting.
Where To Source Your Beef Brisket To Make Slow Cooked French Pot Roast: