Welcome to my slow cooked homemade peach cobbler recipe.
I have owned slow cookers for more than a decade. In fact my favourite oldie one (which looks like an old fashioned crockpot) came into our ownership back in 2004 and we have loved nothing more than delicious stews, soups, casseroles and meats in our kitchen gadget friend.
But the one thing we have lacked in is the dessert department. We have very rarely made anything sweet in our slow cooker.
I have no idea why though as we have been addicted to anything sweet for many years and I would say it is the biggest blame for my fat belly that will never shrink!
We love the deal at the supermarket where you can buy a big box of broken biscuits, love homemade chocolate chip cookies (you can get our recipe here) and eat way too much milk chocolate.
Yet here we are with this slow cooker (well we are greedy and have two) and we are yet to make a delicious dessert in it.
So when we were asked to review some knife sharpeners for recipes with sharp knives for the blog this was the first that came to our minds.
We wanted to stop being pudding crockpot virgins and show that slow cookers taste just as good with a peach cobbler than what they do when you make pulled pork.
Slow Cooked Homemade Peach Cobbler
- Turn your slow cooker on high. Slice your peaches into wedge like shapes and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker. Throw in your brown sugar and mix it well.
- Place the flour, sugar, butter and seasoning into a mixing bowl and mix the fat into the flour. Once it resembles fine breadcrumbs it means it is well mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well until it resembles a soft dough.
- Make into little balls and place them over the peaches in the slow cooker.
- Cook for 3 hours or until it is cooked.
- Serve with my homemade vanilla ice cream.