Welcome to Sofia’s Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Orange Muffins recipe.
Do you ever have one of those moments when you have a crazy chocolate craving and nothing will ever make you feel better than some homemade chocolate muffins? Well this was me and Sofia on a rainy winter afternoon here in Portugal when we were having a day spending time together.
With Dominic working in the office, Kyle at school and Jorge happily sleeping in his pram we set to work on making some delicious muffins.
Sofia is never much of a fan of muffins but what she does love, like every other child in the universe is cleaning the mixing bowl afterwards with all the little chocolate bits that have dried to the side.
But Sofia was in for a special treat today with not only chocolate muffin mix to eat and play with but a lovely creamy frosting too. Plus we were also working on some other recipes for the blog too, this meant that Sofia was going to be in baking heaven for several hours today, which I am sure wont be a problem for her.
Then I know that she better get in quick before Kyle gets home from school and eats whatever is left!
So if you have one of those rainy winter afternoons with your kids, head to the kitchen and indulge your chocolate craving with these delicious muffins and remember baking from scratch is so cheap!Sofias Easy #AirFryer #Chocolate Orange #Muffins Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Start by making the chocolate muffins. In a mixing bowl add your flour, sugar and butter. Rub the butter into the flour and sugar until you have a mixture that resembles rough bread crumbs. Add the cocoa, honey, orange and vanilla essence and mix well.
- In mixing jug mix together the milk and the egg and beat until it is a lovely pale colour.
- Add the liquid to the bowl and beat with a fork until you have a lovely muffin batter.
- With your muffin cases rub flour around the edges to stop them sticking and then place 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each one. Cook in the Air Fryer for 12 minutes. When cooked allow to cool on a baking rack.
- Now make the creamy frosting. In a mixing bowl add the butter to a bowl and cream it with a wooden spoon until it is soft and creamy. Mix in the icing sugar and orange juice and mix really well until you have a delicious butter cream.
- When the muffins are cool place a layer of cupcake cream on the top of each muffin with a nozzle until you are done.
Please make sure your muffins are cool before adding the topping. Otherwise it will melt the butter rather than creating a frosting.