Welcome to my soup maker creamy cauliflower & crab soup!
I love cauliflower and it wasn’t until last year when I decided to get involved in the Paleo lifestyle that I discovered how many things you can make with cauliflower. I have now taken on cauliflower pizza, cauliflower burgers, cauliflower rice, cauliflower mash, cauliflower sauce and now most recently cauliflower and crab soup.
Cauliflower is a fantastic base for a soup. This is because it is very creamy once cooked and doesn’t have an over the top flavour so works well with whatever other flavours that you want to throw in.
In this recipe I am bringing you back to my seafood childhood with some cauliflower and crab soup. I used to eat crabs all the time and my Grandad would always be bringing me one home with him. Then I would remove the crab meat from the crab and eat it on warm crusty bread.
But for those of you that are mad for crab, it can’t get any better than inside a soup. It has a great flavour and makes you want more and more and more. I can even convince my teenager to eat it, who never touches seafood.
So if you have kids that just don’t want to eat things that are healthy then I thoroughly recommend that you blend it into a soup and see if you can get them eating healthy things that way instead!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Testing out creamy cauliflower and crab soup recipe from @recipe_this #soupmachine” quote=”Testing out creamy cauliflower and crab soup recipe from @recipe_this #soupmachine”]
Soup Maker Creamy Cauliflower & Crab Soup
- Cut up the cauliflower into small florets.
- Place the cauliflower, crab meat, the bacon, ½ the cheese, and seasoning (apart from the chives) into the soup maker.
- Add the white wine, the fish stock and cook on the cook and blend soup setting for 25 minutes.
- Add the lemon and mix well.
- Portion up into bowls and then add the remaining cheese and some of the cooked bacon and the fresh chives to the top.