Sous Vide Salmon. Today I am sharing with you Sous Vide Lemon Pepper Salmon that is perfectly cooked, full of flavour and the best tasting lemon pepper salmon we have ever had.
Sous Vide Lemon Pepper Salmon
Today I am going to show you how to make the most amazing lemon pepper salmon in the Sous Vide. Salmon is my all-time favourite fish and whenever I get the chance, I will be eating it.
Back in 2013 when Dominic and I were losing weight and, on a mission, to beat obesity, one of our favourite lunches was to have steamed salmon and broccoli. In fact, it was the first meal we made in our Instant Pot.
Salmon is also top of my list when I am eating out with the family at local Portuguese cafes and restaurants. As eating out is so cheap, its often cheaper to eat out for salmon than it is to eat in.
But one salmon that I have experimented with recently has been frozen packs of lemon pepper salmon.
I have loved it so much so far that I have already made:
So, I am sure it is no surprise that today is the turn of Sous Vide Lemon Pepper Salmon!
Sous Vide Salmon For Beginners
If you’ve been following along for the last few Mondays, you will know that we are sharing with you our experiences of the sous vide every Monday for a year. This is week #3 and our very first sous vide recipe.
We appreciate that there are home cooks like us, that want to learn how to sous vide and want to do so without being overwhelmed by everything and not feeling like you have been thrown in at the deep end.
Therefore, we are doing it slowly step by step.
By starting today with our little packets of lemon pepper salmon it makes it so easy for you as a sous vide beginner.
The Sous Vide Salmon Is ALREADY:
Meaning that you don’t need a sealing machine yet, and just need a water bath and your precision cooker.
If you want a super easy baby step into Sous Vide, then our Sous Vide Salmon (like for us) can be your learning curve too.
How To Sous Vide Salmon?
Sous Vide Salmon is so much easier when you have it prepacked. Just imagine how many times you buy salmon and its already sealed. It might be sealed plain, frozen or in a delicious marinade.
- Grab your favourite salmon from the supermarket or fishmongers and then get your Sous Vide set up.
- Place the water in your water bath, attach your precision cooker to the side of your water bath and using your app get your water bath to the correct temperature.
- Once the water bath is at temperature add in the salmon sealed packets, place the lid on and come back later once your Sous Vide beeps.
- That is it. It really is that simple to make salmon in the Sous Vide!
Where To Source QUALITY Salmon For Sous Vide Cooking?
My 2 favourite places for online delivery of quality meat and fish is Butcher Box & US Wellness Meats. They both have different qualities.
Butcher Box is the budget friendly version that has wild salmon, grass fed beef, heritage pork and organic chicken. There is not a huge choice but its perfect for a monthly meat delivery service.
US Wellness Meats is more your big organic shop with a bit of everything. You can get items not available at Butcher Box, such as lamb, pork rinds, different cuts of beef and so on.
You can read more about them below:
To me its important to source quality meat and fish for your Sous Vide, as otherwise what is the point in precision cooking if you’re going to use poor ingredients?
Sous Vide Salmon From Frozen?
What is wonderful about the sous vide, is that it is very good for cooking foods like salmon from frozen. This is because the quickest way to defrost food is to soak it in warm water, which is exactly what the sous vide cooking process does.
Simply cook your salmon from frozen and sous vide it like you would if you were cooking it from thawed.
Sous Vide Temperature For Salmon?
We cooked our Sous Vide Lemon Pepper Salmon at 50 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes. This produced the best tasting, most tender and moist salmon that we have ever tried.
Our Sous Vide Journey So Far
If you would like to catch up on our Sous Vide story so far then here are the other posts:
Sous Vide Lemon Pepper Salmon
Main Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 Sous Vide Lemon Pepper Salmon Packets
- Place the water into your water bath, attach your Sous Vide precision cooker to the water bath. Using your app, set the temperature to 50c/122f for 45 minutes.
- Place the lid on the water bath and wait until it reaches its desired temperature.
- Once at temperature using your hands or tongs, place the salmon packets into the water bath and place the lid back on.
- 45 minutes later when it beeps, using tongs, remove the salmon. Use a bowl to remove the excess water and serve with your choice of sides.
- We recommend Butcher Box for sourcing your quality wild caught salmon for using in your sous vide.
Sous Vide Lemon Pepper Salmon Video
We have made a video showing you step by step as we cook lemon pepper salmon in our Sous Vide. It also includes setting up the Sous Vide for cooking for the first time as well as essential information about setting up your water bath.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: