Welcome to my spicy courgette & chickpea burgers.
I am going to dedicate this recipe to my youngest. During my last pregnancy I had the joy of a different type of morning sickness. Unlike with previous pregnancies when I would feel sick at certain times I had the joy of feeling like I was going to be sick whenever I was exposed to meat. This brought out a temporary vegetarian in me and I was always looking for new and exciting ways to make meaty meals vegetarian.
One thing I can never live without is my burgers. I mean who can’t?
So through the first months of pregnancy I tried all kinds of meat alternatives and this was one of my favourites. A burger made from chickpeas and courgette instead of minced beef. This is something you shouldn’t knock until you have tried it and as soon as you do you will be in absolute food heaven if you have cooked it in the Airfryer.
I could even go as far as to say that I would be happy to be vegetarian for a couple of days of the week if it meant that I got the chance to eat this. And as long as you don’t have cheese or mayonnaise with it then you could make it into a vegan meal for yourself!
More Potato Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Airfryer Thai Veggie Bites
- Baked Camembert & Soldiers
- Feta Cheese Dough Balls
- Macaroni & Cheese Toasties
- Macaroni & Cheese Mini Quiche
- Airfryer Jacket Potatoes
- Airfryer Potato Gratin
[clickToTweet tweet=”Testing out the ultimate spicy #courgette #burgers thanks to @recipe_this” quote=”Testing out the ultimate spicy #courgette #burgers thanks to @recipe_this”]
Spicy Courgette & Chickpea Burgers
- In a large mixing bowl add the drained chickpeas and onion and mash well. Add the spiralized courgette and flour, seasoning and cheese and mix again.
- Add the eggs a bit at a time until you have combined the mixture into burger shapes. If it is too sloppy then add some extra flour.
- Cook for 15 minutes in the Airfryer for 15 minutes or until cooked in the centre.
- Serve on some lettuce with some mayonnaise and sprinkle some fresh chives on top.