Welcome to my spiralizer butternut squash fritters.
I can’t remember the exact date when I first tried fritters but it was certainly before my daughter was born and before I was pregnant for that matter. She is 16 months old this month and I couldn’t imagine life without them.
When I haven’t got any meat out of the freezer and I want a lazy dinner then nothing is better than fritters with some nice homemade chips in the Airfryer.
But we have become boring and always end up eating the same fritters. It is always the same old courgette fritters that were inspired by a recipe that we originally spotted in a supermarket magazine.
But now we have expanded and we have found other vegetables that taste just as good (if not better) than courgettes and this is one example of a new favourite of ours.
What annoys us about a traditional courgette recipe is how long it takes to ring out the water and the effort you go through. However if you spiralize some butternut squash instead then you have halved your preparation time. Plus if like us you love butternut squash then it is perfect for you.
So let me show you how easy it can really be and how your kids will love you if you serve them this for dinner! Plus if they are anti-vegetables they will forget what you’re really serving them!
[clickToTweet tweet=”#spiralizer #butternutsquash fritters thanks to @recipe_this” quote=”#spiralizer #butternutsquash fritters thanks to @recipe_this”]
Spiralizer Butternut Squash Fritters
- Spiralize the butternut squash and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the onion, egg, seasoning and mix well.
- Add the flour a bit at a time until you have medium sized fritters that are moist but not too wet or dry.
- Warm up your wok on a medium heat and place the olive oil in it so that the oil slightly sizzles.
- Place the fritters in the wok and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until they are nicely crispy and cooked in the middle.
- Serve with some Greek yoghurt.