Welcome to my Syn Free Quick & Cheesy Slimming World Lasagne. Lasagne can sometimes take forever to make and can often be loaded with Syns. But I decided to put the clock on to see how quick I could make a lasagne and how delicious it could be while still being Syn Free.
I am sure you are probably wondering why we have another Slimming World Lasagne, after all we had one last month and a leftover version yesterday. But this one I promise is the last one for a while. Well until I come up with a new and exciting way to do it – because lasagne is my life!
It is just one of those classic pasta dishes that are so good for getting your family involved in. Plus this new version is a quick option for when you can’t be bothered to cook or you are too busy or too tired.
I made this one night when I was so, so tired. You know that feeling when you’re so, so tired it is an effort to walk from one side of the room to another. Then all you want to do is ring a takeaway, eat excessive amounts of Ben & Jerry’s and of course lay on the sofa and wish that you didn’t have to cook ever again!
I had been up during the night with my colicky baby, it was so hot so doing the housework was tiring and I hadn’t had 6 hours sleep (I wish!!!) for more than a year. The thought of standing over a hot stove for ages to make a traditional lasagne just didn’t sound great.
I just wanted to get into the kitchen, cook something that was low in Syns and then get back to the sofa. Then I can use my spare Syns on a chocolate binge (or two) instead.
The benefit of this particular Syn Free Slimming World Lasagne is that it is cooked in one pot (my cast iron casserole dish to be exact) and therefore less washing up. The best thing about doing it in a Cast Iron Casserole Dish is that it can be used in both the oven and the hob. This means less washing up and less pan scrubbing.
In making this Slimming World Lasagne I used:
Compare this to when I make a traditional Slimming World Lasagne. I would use all of the above plus I would also use:
A large pan for my cheese sauce, a large pan for my Bolognese and then a blender for making my tomato sauce, a steamer for making the tomato sauce and then of course lots more utensils for all the preparing of the meal.
In the end you have this huge mountain of washing up to do and you’re hopeful that someone will come and do all the cleaning up for you.
This is also another reason why I don’t have a Slimming World Lasagne very often – I just don’t have the time or energy.
But this new version of a Slimming World Lasagne is loaded with 2 types of cheese, uses just healthy extras and is a dream come true for a quick evening meal for you and your family.
So next time you want to have a lasagne but think that it is too much effort, then think again and make this.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Syn Free Quick & Cheesy Slimming World #Lasagne #Recipe @recipe_this” quote=”Syn Free Quick & Cheesy Slimming World #Lasagne #Recipe @recipe_this”]
Syn Free Quick & Cheesy Slimming World Lasagne Recipe
- Peel and dice your onion and throw it into your casserole dish along with the garlic puree and the first of the two cans of tinned tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes on a medium heat or until the onions have started to soften.
- Add the mince and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the mince is fully cooked.
- Add the second can of tinned tomatoes and turn down to low so that it can cook on a simmer. Once the liquid has reduced add the seasoning, stir well and place 3/4 of the Bolognese into your mixing bowl.
- Take your casserole dish off the heat and push down the last ¼ of your Bolognese so that it is layered like the bottom of a lasagne and has no gaps.
- Cover it with tiny ½ teaspoon blobs of Philadelphia and then add a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Do the same again until you have 4 layers of Bolognese, 4 blob layers of cheese and 4 layers of lasagne sheets.
- Then on the top layer of the lasagne sheets, grate the cheese over the lasagne. Season with a little basil and place your casserole dish in the oven and cook for 45 minutes at 180c/360f.
How Many Syns In Philadelphia On Slimming World?
There are so many Philadelphia soft cheeses to choose from when you are on Slimming World sometimes it can be hard to choose which one. Some have more Syns than others, some taste boring, while some taste amazing….so there are so many choices.
My personal favourite Philadelphia for Slimming World is the standard garlic and herbs one. It does have to be Syned but it is delicious and then you don’t need as much garlic.
Or for a Syn Free option I also like the original light variety. You can have 75g of the stuff for one healthy extra A. Or if you are sharing your Lasagne with 3 other people that means you can throw in 300g of the stuff between you all.
Or just go with whatever is cheapest as we all have a frugal streak in us, don’t we?
How Many Syns In Philadelphia Soft Cheese Tubs?
- Philadelphia & Chocolate = 28 Syns
- Philadelphia Original = 24 Syns
- Philadelphia Light = 16 Syns
- Philadelphia & Chives = 16 Syns
- Philadelphia & Garlic & Herbs = 16 Syns
- Philadelphia Sweet Chilli = 16 Syns
- Philadelphia & Smoked Ham = 16 Syns
- Philadelphia & Cucumber = 12 Syns
- Philadelphia Lightest = 8 Syns
Just think if you used one tub for a meal and shared it between four of you then it would work out at just 2 Syns each on the lightest variety. Or if you applied the same rule to the light version then it can be 2/3s of one healthy extra A per person.
Syn Free Quick & Cheesy Slimming World Lasagne
Okay so I have already mentioned that this Slimming World Lasagne is Syn Free but how much are we talking in healthy extras?
Not a lot at all. There is 1 healthy extra A for the Philadelphia cheese and then ½ of a healthy extra A for the cheddar cheese.
Syn Free Quick & Cheesy Slimming World Lasagne Recipe Podcast
We also have created a short version of the recipe into a Podcast. We have loaded it up onto our Itunes account and it is great for a quick download and then you can save it to your phone and then have it in your kitchen with you as you cook.