Welcome to my Syn Free Slimming World Chicken Enchiladas recipe. A delicious Mexican recipe, chicken enchiladas is often known for being very high in fat with lots of tortilla wraps to make up the recipe. However, in my Slimming World Syn Free version these chicken enchiladas are low fat and incredibly delicious.
10 days ago, I showed you my genius way to cook with a plain omelette. The idea that a plain omelette is very versatile and stretchy that it can double up for a lot of high carb classics.
You can use it as an alternative to cannelloni pasta, as bread or even as tortilla wraps.
Well just like with making my Slimming World Cannelloni (which is also Syn Free) we are using it in this Slimming World Chicken Enchiladas recipe as an alternative to tortilla wraps.
If you make an omelette slightly bigger and slightly thinner than usual and laid it out on your chopping board, then you will find that it is of a similar size and texture to a tortilla wrap.
Then fill it with the chicken enchiladas mix as usual and PERFECTION you have a much lower Syn/calorie take on Chicken Enchiladas.
Plus it is so quick and easy to make.
You could also follow the same principle if you were to make tuna and sweetcorn wraps for your packed lunch for work, or if you wanted to make a shortcrust pastry alternative.
What we did was make it together. It was me and my son Kyle in the kitchen cooking it while Dominic was working hard in the office. Jorge and Sofia were happily playing together on the kitchen floor and we were having a jolly time together.
As I just adore cooking with me and my babies ?
Kyle used our cast iron frying pan to make the omelettes. Though am I allowed to say that he burnt the first one? So he needed to mix more eggs! Then I made the tomato sauce, put it to one side, cooked the chicken breast, mixed everything up and then we layered up the chicken enchiladas with a good amount of cheese and plenty of spice.
BIG Confession time – I did technically cheat when I was making this. I have a huge stash of homemade sauces in my freezer from when I have recipe tested other recipes and it has needed to be used up. One of those was the marinade from when I made fish tacos. So what I did was use that up and mix it up with the tomato sauce for the spicy kick. It made cooking so much quicker and makes me ever so grateful for my huge chest freezer.
I recommend that you do the same. You can then make a big batch of my Mexican marinade and use it whenever you have tacos, Mexican lasagne or even another batch of these Slimming World Chicken Enchiladas.
Syn Free Slimming World Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk them. Add a little salt and pepper and put to one side for making the omelettes with later.
- Peel and dice your onion. Dice and remove the cores from the chilli, tomatoes and the peppers. Place them in a large pan.
- Cook on a medium heat with no oil, until the tomatoes have gone nice and soft.
- Remove 80% of the mixture from the large pan and place it into your blender. Add to the blender the quark and tinned tomatoes and blend until smooth. Leave in your blender for now.
- In the pan with the remainder of the sauce add to it your chicken which you will have diced, removed any bones and skin from. Season the chicken with all the seasonings, the garlic and squeeze the juice from your lime over it and then grate the lime rind into it to.
- While the chicken is cooking get the omelettes cooked. Cook the omelettes one at a time over a medium heat (without oil) and then put to one side.
- Once the chicken is cooked, then place the mixture inside of 8 omelettes and roll up like tortillas.
- Dress the casserole dish. Place at the bottom a good layer of the tomato sauce from the blender. Then layer up the chicken enchiladas over it and then pour over tomato sauce until it is covered. Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and then bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180c/360f.
Slimming World Chicken Enchildas
If you’re on Slimming World and looking for a delicious Syn Free supper then it doesn’t get any better than a Slimming World Chicken Enchilada recipe. It uses just 1HEA per person if you’re using light cheddar and this Slimming World recipe is enough to easily feed four. You can serve it with a nice salad or some spicy Mexican beams.
From a calories point of view our Slimming World Chicken Enchiladas works out at 479 calories per person and this is a BIG plate of food for your calories.