Syn Free Slimming World Cornish Pasties cooked in the Air Fryer and Instant Pot. Super easy to prepare and so addictive you will want to eat these Syn Free Cornish Pasties forever and ever.
When I was growing up in Yorkshire in the late 80’s/early 90’s my dad had his own record shop. It sold the records of the 80’s with the sounds of Tina Turner, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Diana Ross and so many more.
I would hang around in the shop with my dad and my favourite time of the day was when it was lunch time and he would give me £10. Ten pounds was worth a lot of money in 1989 and he would ask me to buy him a chicken sandwich, then use the rest on whatever I wanted.
A 7-year-old allowed in a bakery to choose what they wanted was like the best foodie moment ever!
I would always get my dad a sausage roll, to go with his chicken sandwich and my go to item would usually be a Cornish pasty. That AMAZING meat and potato filling inside that crunchy pastry.
It was like the god of pastry food and I still get excited about eating them now.
Here I am with a Cooplands original Cornish pasty:
This was taken this summer and made me realise just how much I miss the Best Of British pastry treat.
Syn Free Slimming World Cornish Pasties
As I am running you through all our favourite recipes where we use Weight Watchers Wraps as an alternative to pastry, it seemed like the perfect time to make a Syn Free Slimming World version of Cornish Pasties.
To make my Slimming World Cornish Pasties we start off in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. If you don’t have one yet, then they are a MUST. You can pressure cook whatever you like in them and they also have a slow cooker setting and you can make porridge in it too!
The pressure cooker does the job of making the beef and potatoes beautifully tender. Then if you want to use a cheap cut of beef, then you can without it being anything BUT tender.
Then after the filling is made you can add the contents to your Weight Watchers wraps.
Once you have used the pasty pressing machine, you can load them up into the air fryer and let the air fryer crisp them to perfection.
Then of course serve them up.
Whenever I can I love to combine recipes with the two as they make home cooking so much easier and healthier.#SynFree Slimming World Cornish Pasties In The Air Fryer @recipe_this
Syn Free Slimming World Cornish Pasties In The Air Fryer
- Thinly dice and peel the swede, onion, potatoes and beef.
- If the beef has any excess fat, then trim it off.
- Place them in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker with 250ml/1 Cup of beef stock. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 45 minutes on manual.
- Manually release pressure and drain. Put to one side the excess liquid.
- Place the vegetables and beef back into the Instant Pot. Stir in a little liquid at a time so that you have a nice creamy pasty filling, but make sure you don’t add too much.
- Season with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Chop your Weight Watchers wraps in half and give them an egg wash.
- Fill each wrap with Cornish pasty filling and then fold them over. Press down the pasties and brush with extra egg wash.
- Cook in the air fryer for 2 minutes on each side at 200c/400f.
- 10. Serve warm.
If you are in the UK and looking for a good beef stock, then I would recommend this. Or if you’re in the US this is the supplier we use for wholesome beef stock. If you follow Slimming World our Cornish Pasties work out at ½ a HEB per pasty.
Six of them are really filling and a perfect size for 3-4 of you to have with sides at dinner time or as a lunch snack. When the Cornish pasty filling has cooled, you can add it to sandwich bags and freeze it for another time. Remember you can always add but you cant take away. That’s why its better to re add your stock bit by bit until you have the desired thickness.