Welcome to my Syn Free Slimming World Lasagne. The Slimming World Lasagne dream come true with a real cheese sauce (no eggs mixed with cheese) and perfect for veggie loaded days on Slimming World.
Where should I start with my love for a lasagne? It is one of those meals that I absolutely adore and can never get enough of.
When I go to Pizza Hut I love their mini lasagne cups and I also love making a really big one that is loaded with extra cheese and then baking it in the oven. We will then serve it with either a salad or some chips.
It is also my son Kyle’s favourite food in the world and he is always asking me when is he going to get the next lasagne. He is as skinny as a rake and sometimes he wishes we were still the size of a house, so that he could have lasagne all the time.
But the thing is lasagne can be made healthy, with a lot less calories and still be full to bursting with loads of cheese and a creamy cheese sauce, along with mince beef, tomatoes, loads of oregano and plenty of garlic.
I love lasagne so much that this is the third lasagne that I have made on RecipeThis.com. I also have a pork lasagne and of course a vegetarian version. But I decided to make one especially for Slimming World as I have been getting so mad about the Slimming World Lasagnes that are doing the rounds. They are made like an omelette with loads of eggs and no cheese sauce. I am like…..what no cheese sauce?
There must be a better way surely?
Therefore this is my Slimming World Lasagne – totally Syn Free by just using healthy extras for your cheese and milk.
I have to say that the big winner with me on Slimming World has to be the Healthy Extra A’s. You see I absolutely love my cheese. I am a cheese and milk freak, so having these healthy extras means that I can keep my Slimming World Lasagne completely Syn Free. Then have my lasagne whenever I like without having to worry.
To start with, one thing that really annoys me about my fellow Slimming World members is the lack of fruit and vegetables in their diet. You see plate after plate of dinner pictures on Instagram with very few vegetables on their plates (if any) and a plateful of processed foods and that is NOT a healthy lifestyle.
When I lost weight (we have lost more than 4 stone each) the biggest difference to our health was an increase in vegetables and a majority reduction in processed foods.
Food optimising on Slimming World should be about the speed foods and the protein foods. The foods that should be the star of your dinner plate and that is EXACTLY what I want to achieve with this lasagne.
There are more vegetables in this dish than anything else including:
- Red Pepper
This Slimming World Lasagne also includes fresh garlic and is great for a family dinner and I bet your family wouldn’t even be able to tell that this is a Syn Free Lasagne and would just assume it was a traditional unhealthy one.
I am also cooking the Slimming World Lasagne in the Airfryer. This helps crisp it up better and because we have the Airfryer baking pan, it makes it the perfect size. Plus as it is smaller than a big oven tray it means that you don’t over eat and then you can serve it with a healthy salad.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Syn Free #SlimmingWorld Lasagne #Fakeaway Recipe @recipe_this” quote=”Syn Free #SlimmingWorld Lasagne #Fakeaway Recipe @recipe_this”]
- Airfryer Baking Pan
- Instant Pot
- 300 g Minced Beef
- 1 Medium Cauliflower
- 6 Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Red Pepper
- 2 Medium Leeks
- 4 Medium Carrots
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Can Tinned Tomatoes
- 350 ml Skimmed Milk
- 120 g Hard Cheese
- 75 g Soft Cheese
- 6 Tbsp Garlic Puree
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- 1 Tsp Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and cook it with 250ml of cold water along with half the garlic puree in the Instant Pot on the steam basket on manual for 20 minutes.
- Peel and dice the onion, carrot and place it in a large pan on the hob. Also dice and de-core the red pepper and the tomatoes. Add them to the pan as well. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Give it a good stir and then allow to cook on a high heat for 10 minutes, until the tomatoes are nice and soft.
- Remove the skin and dice and clean the leeks. Add them to the pot too. Give it a good stir and add to it ½ of the garlic puree. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove ¾ of the mixture and place in the blender along with the can of tinned tomatoes. Blend until smooth and then re-add to the pan.
- Add the mince along with the basil and a bit more salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes on a medium heat until the mince is well cooked and then turn off the heat and put to one side.
- Remove the cauliflower from the Instant Pot and add the cauliflower and the water from the Instant Pot to the blender. Also add milk, salt, pepper, mustard and parsley and blend until it resembles a smooth sauce.
- Take the cauliflower sauce to a small pan and add in 80g hard cheese along with the soft cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted and it has that delicious creamy cheese sauce texture.
- Put together the lasagne. Inside the Airfryer baking pan have a layer of the mince, followed by lasagne sheets, followed by mince, followed by lasagne sheets and finished with the cheese sauce. Finish with a layer of cheese on top.
- Place the baking pan in the Airfryer and cook for 25 minutes at 170c/340f.
I planned to fill one of my Airfryer baking pans with one layered lasagne. The only problem is that I ended up making too much and it filled to. Because of this there is enough for 6 people instead of 4. So we decided to freeze the leftovers. The great thing about the way we cook the vegetables first is that because of the liquid from the tomatoes, you need absolutely no oil.
We used a really nice strong Portuguese cheese in this recipe. It is low in fat and because it is strong you don’t need a lot of it for a cheesy moment. If you are in the UK I would suggest a reduced fat mature cheddar cheese. I did consider adding a beef OXO cube to this dish. But with all the flavours from all these fresh vegetables and the herbs in the dish, it really doesn’t need it.
I recommend you check out our Air Fryer Accessories to see what accessories you need.
Slimming World Lasagne
I bet you are wondering how high in healthy extras this is? After all it is a Syn Free Lasagne but it has a LOT of dairy in it.
Well it works out at 5 healthy extra As. There are three for the hard cheese, 1 for the skimmed milk and 1 for the soft cheese. But this Slimming World Lasagne is enough to feed 6 people, so in reality it is 83% of one healthy extra A per person.
So can you believe that this ENTIRE lasagne is less than one healthy extra A per person!
Slimming World Lasagne Recipe Podcast
We also have created a short version of the recipes into a Podcast. We have loaded it up onto our Itunes account and it is great for a quick download and then you can save it to your phone and then have it in your kitchen with you as you cook.