Welcome to my Thai chicken salad with cucumber noodles.
After shredding the courgette the next thing I turned to shred with my spiralizer was the cucumber.
I had seen people do it and it just seemed too much like hard work with how watery the cucumber is. But I thought nothing ventured = nothing gained and I decided to give it a go.
I love a salad but I must confess here and now that I am really not a fan of lettuce and boring salads where it feels like you are on a diet and you feel like you’re eating rabbit food.
But with the spiralizer you could give up on lettuce forever and kickstart your salad with cucumber instead. Add some Thai flavourings and you end up with heaven on a plate.
If you have a recipe like this available to you I am sure you will actually want to eat salad again!
You could also use this theme for a range of cuisine for example you could change it to Indian and have delicious Chicken Tikka on top instead or do an Italian version with cream cheese and basil.
I just like the idea that one salad could open the doors to lots of healthy delicious meals.
Thai Chicken Salad With Cucumber Noodles
- Using your spiralizer shred the cucumber and then line a salad bowl with it.
- Dice your chicken into medium chunks and throw it into the wok along with the garlic puree, ginger and olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes turning often. Add the rest of the seasoning and cook for another 5 minutes. Allow to cool away from the heat.
- Chop up the tomatoes and peppers into strips and place them on top of the cucumber.
- Add the lime to the chicken and toss well.
- Add to the top of the salad and serve!