Weight Watchers Purple Plan Instant Pot Recipes. Introducing you to our full list of delicious & easy instant pot purple plan zero point recipes that are suitable for Weight Watchers Members that follow the brand new purple plan and are looking for inspiration.
Weight Watchers Purple Plan Instant Pot Recipes
Today is the final part in the series as I introduce you to instant pot purple plan weight watchers recipes.
Looking at the feedback from my WW readers, it seems like the purple plan is the one that so many people follow. I can understand why, after all, it has the most choice for you and is perfect if you hate weighing what you eat.
However, it would never work for weight loss for me. That is because whenever I eat potatoes or grains, I gain weight and don’t lose weight.
I do believe I have a mild gluten intolerance but have never had the chance to officially check it out.
Therefore, the weight watchers blue plan suits me the best. I can then eat all my favourite fruit and veg, get excited over lean poultry and snack on my favourite chickpeas.
What Is Weight Watchers Purple Plan?
Firstly, I am sure you are wondering what on earth the purple plan on Weight Watchers is all about, so let me give you the shortened version.
New changes were made at Weight Watchers in the November of 2019. After feedback from members and a lot liking different things they divided it into three slightly different diets.
- Weight Watchers Green Plan – Made up of fruit and vegetables. See the full list here.
- Weight Watchers Blue Plan – Made up of 200 foods that included fruit, veggies, pulses, beans, fat free dairy, seafood, lean poultry, tofu and a few other healthy foods. See the full list here.
- Weight Watchers Purple Plan – You get everything that is on the green and blue plans, plus you can have healthy grains and potatoes. What we are discussing today.
Though it is always assumed that whichever plan you choose you won’t overeat. Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full is the motto in the Milner house and we recommend you follow it too.
If you are a binge eater, then it is recommended you don’t follow purple. As you don’t want to have too many potatoes and grains as it will hinder your weight loss.
Weight Watchers Purple Plan Zero Point Foods
Here is the big list of Weight Watchers Purple Plan Zero Point Foods below and as you can see it includes a lot of foods that help you stick to a balanced diet and avoids ones that are likely to cause weight gain.
WW Purple Plan Zero Point Fruits
- Applesauce, unsweetened
- Berries (Blackberries, Blueberries, Cherries, Strawberries, Cranberries, Raspberries)
- Berries (frozen)
- Dragon Fruit
- Figs, fresh
- Fruit Cocktail/Fruit Salad, unsweetened
- Star Fruit
WW Purple Plan Zero Point Vegetables
- Artichoke Hearts, no oil
- Bamboo Shoots
- Beet Greens
- Bok Choy
- Brussels Sprouts
- Coleslaw Mix
- Collard Greens
- Frozen Stir Fry Mix, no sauce
- Hearts of Palm
- Mixed Greens
- Mustard Greens
- Nori (seaweed)
- Pickles, unsweetened
- Seasonings (Tarragon, Thyme, Rosemary, Parsley, Oregano, Basil, Chives, Coriander, Cilantro, Mint)
- Squash (Butternut, Pumpkin, Spaghetti, Acorn)
- String Beans
- Swiss Chard
- Tomato Puree, canned
- Tomato Sauce, canned
- Water Chestnuts
- Wax Beans
WW Purple Plan Zero Point Beans & Pulses
- Adzuki Beans
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Bean Sprouts
- Black Beans
- Cannellini Beans
- Fava Beans
- Great Northern Beans
- Kidney Beans
- Lima Beans
- Lupini Beans
- Navy Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Refried Beans, canned, fat-free
- Split Peas
- Soy Beans
WW Purple Plan Zero Point Poultry
- Ground Chicken Breast
- Ground Turkey, 98% fat-free
- Ground Turkey Breast
- Skinless Chicken Breast
- Skinless Turkey Breast
WW Purple Plan Zero Point Seafood
- Anchovies, in water
- Arctic Char
- Canned Tuna, in water
- Fish Roe
- Mahi Mahi
- Sardines, canned in water or sauce
- Sea Urchin
- Steelhead Trout
- Striped Bass
WW Purple Plan Zero Point Eggs
- Egg Substitute
- Egg Whites
- Egg Yolks
WW Purple Plan Zero Point Dairy
- Cottage Cheese, fat free
- Greek Yogurt, plain, fat free
- Plain Yogurt, fat free
- Quark, Plain, up to 1% fat
- Soy Yogurt, plain
WW Purple Plan Zero Point Tofu
- Firm Tofu
- Silken Tofu
- Smoked Tofu
- Soft Tofu
WW Purple Plan Zero Point Potatoes
- Baby Potatoes/New Potatoes/Fingerling Potatoes
- Baked potatoes/Jacket Potatoes
- Baked Sweet Potatoes/
- Canned Sweet Potato, unsweetened
- French Fried Potatoes, fat free,
- French Fried Sweet Potatoes, fat free,
- Frozen Potatoes, fat free
- Mashed Potatoes, plain
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes, plain
- Purple Potatoes
- Red Potatoes
- Roasted Potatoes, fat free,
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes, fat free,
- Sweet Potatoes
- White Potatoes
- Yellow potatoes
WW Purple Plan Zero Point Grains
- Air-popped popcorn, no oil or sugar
- Amaranth Ancient grain mix, no seeds
- Black Bean Pasta
- Brown Basmati Rice
- Brown Rice (inc cereal, noodles, pasta, quinoa, instant)
- Buckwheat Noodles
- Chickpea Pasta
- Corn Pasta
- Edamame Pasta
- Instant Oatmeal, plain
- Lentil Pasta
- Millet Oatmeal, plain
- Oats (quick cooking, rolled, steel cut)
- Pea Pasta
- Popcorn Kernels for at-home popping
- Quick Cooking Barley
- Quinoa (inc pasta, red)
- Rye Berries
- Shirataki Noodles
- Soybean Pasta
- Spelt Berries
- Thai Brown Rice
- Wheat Berries
- Wholegrain Pasta
- Wholegrain Sorghum
- Whole Wheat Couscous
- Whole Wheat Pasta
- Wild Rice
WOW what a list isn’t it? If you are anything like me, you have skimmed through it and imagined that unlike the WW blue plan you can enjoy potatoes and rice and grains if you wish.
Just remember for good weight loss to not have them to excess.
WW Purple Plan Zero Point Foods Free Printable
We have also made a great free printable of Weight Watchers Purple Plan Foods and you can download it by clicking here. It is in the members area of Recipe This along with a lot of other freebies.
Or alternatively enter your email address below for quick access:
Weight Watchers Purple Plan Resources
As well as subscribing to Recipe This for your free purple plan printable we have some other resources that we recommend for taking on Weight Watchers with the help of the Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot 8 Quart – We recommend the 8 quart instant pot pressure cooker to use alongside the Weight Watchers Purple Plan. We use it a lot because it is perfect for meal prep and freezing extra meals. It is also big enough for big pots of chicken that you can cook for later. Or imagine it for making your favourite steel cut oats.
- Instant Pot Accessories – Check out our Instant Pot Accessories post as it is loaded with ideas of what accessories to use with your instant pot. We love our steamer baskets and our backup inner pot the most.
- WW Success Toolkit – My friend Sara at The Holy Mess has this awesome file full of PDFs that you can download. It includes lots of resources for starting out on your WW journey. There are WW recipe ecookbooks, printables, meal ideas and so much more. You can get WW Success Toolkit here.
- Instant Pot For Weight Loss Course – Another great online course this in depth Instant Pot course focuses on losing weight on WW and its written by 2 ladies that have lost a HUGE amount of weight between them. Also fantastic for beginners to the Instant Pot. Click here to find out more about it.
WW Purple Plan Instant Pot Recipes
Here is a list of all the purple plan WW recipes we recommend you cook in your instant pot.
We are a HUGE fan of cooking wholesome meals in the instant pot, as well as side dishes and here are several ideas to get you started with the Weight Watchers Purple Plan.
Top 10 Weight Watchers Purple Plan Recipes
I have so many FAVOURITE WW purple plan recipes for the instant pot that its hard to know where to start.
What I have done is below I have listed my ultimate top 10 and listed all the other weight watchers purple instant pot recipes below that. Have a browse and see what purple plan recipes work for you.
- Instant Pot Mexican Black Beans & Rice – Perfect for those that exercise while on WW this gives you a health kick post workout. Make ahead and you have food for the week.
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes – My favourite lunch in a hurry. Choose your purple plan toppings and you are all set. Also, perfect for feeding family members that are not on WW.
- Instant Pot Salmon, Broccoli & Potatoes – This is what we eat for lunch a couple of times a week. We buy salmon in bulk and store it in the freezer when it is on a deal and then savour each last mouthful of the salmon.
- Instant Pot Sauce For Everything – Devised for various diets including WW and Paleo this is the dream sauce. Nice and thick like a cheese sauce you can use this for all kinds of casseroles and one pot meals.
- Instant Pot Frozen Broccoli – I love cooking frozen broccoli in the instant pot. Cooked from frozen in record time this is perfect if you cant get in season broccoli or waste a lot of food.
- How To Cook Frozen Vegetables In The Instant Pot – A thorough guide showing you how to cook your frozen vegetables from frozen in the instant pot pressure cooker. Perfect for adding lots of veggies to your dinner plate on a budget.
- Instant Pot Cauliflower – If you follow Weight Watchers I am sure you are on the cauliflower can make everything taste good bandwagon? Well this is how to steam cauliflower in the instant pot prior to making all these delicious dishes.
- Instant Pot Vegetable Curry – If you love curry then this is the WW healthy veggie curry version. Everything is cooked in the instant pot and it is easy and fast and full of hidden veggies.
- Instant Pot Mushroom Soup – Make those cream of mushroom soup recipes healthy with this instant pot mushroom soup. I cook with this a lot and it is perfect for a creamy chicken and mushroom casserole.
- Instant Pot No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs – Crack eggs directly into your egg bites mould and you have no peel hard boiled eggs to use on anything and everything. Have it as your WW snack at work or on the side of your breakfast plate.
More Weight Watchers Purple Plan Veggie Recipes
Here are a few more ideas for cooking vegetables in the instant pot that are both green plan, blue plan and purple plan friendly:
- Instant Pot Broccoli
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Instant Pot Steamed Tomatoes
- Instant Pot Beetroot
- Instant Pot Green Beans
- Instant Pot Baby Parsnips
- Instant Pot Pumpkin
- Instant Pot Asparagus
- Instant Pot Leeks
- Instant Pot Turnips
- Instant Pot Mushrooms
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash
- Instant Pot Rutabaga
- Instant Pot Parsnips
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Cabbage
- Instant Pot Bok Choy
- Instant Pot Carrot & Ginger Soup
- Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Instant Pot Curry Sauce
- How To Steam With The Instant Pot
Weight Watchers Purple Plan Chicken Recipes
Here are my all time favourite WW purple plan chicken recipes to cook in your instant pot. They all feature chicken breast and we even have several curries that are loaded with vegetables.
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Chicken Balti
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
More Weight Watchers Purple Plan Recipes
But we didn’t stop there. Here are a few other WW purple plan instant pot recipes that are well worth a mention:
- Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Korma
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs For Beginners
- Instant Pot Egg Loaf
- Instant Pot Salmon & Broccoli
- How To Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts In The Instant Pot
- How To Cook Frozen Meat In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Curry Freezer Meals
Get The Instant Pot Weight Loss Course
Plus, don’t forget to grab yourself the Instant Pot Weight Loss Course. It is an easy to follow course with simple modules. Not only are there modules dedicated to weight loss on WW but also the basics of using your instant pot pressure cooker.
Once you see it up close you will be AMAZED by how useful it is.
Can’t read it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: