Welcome to my Whole 30 Airfryer Steak & Wedges recipe. A must have during the Whole 30 loaded up with a delicious dipping sauce, beautiful steak, potato wedges and an amazing mushroom sauce.
This is one dinner worth going on the Whole 30 for!
I am a huge steak and chips fan. I love a delicious medium steak, loaded with potatoes, plus a creamy sauce.
Growing up my parents would always have some nice steak around. They would bulk buy it and then have it portioned up in the freezer.
Then my dad would often cook the steak in a frying pan with a nice sauce. Proper manly food and so delicious.
Because I was young and didn’t know any better at the time, I would always ask for it well done as I hated the bloody bit from a medium cooked steak.
But I changed a lot over the years and grew head over heels in love with a tender medium cut of steak.
I am a bit on the fence about the Whole 30 allowing white potatoes in the diet, while Paleo is strictly against them.
They can still leave you bloated in a similar way to what pasta is, yet our grandparents were incredibly healthy and they always went through a huge amount of white potatoes each week.
But one thing I do know is that the best nutrition values is in the skin, so if you want to feel good and feel like you’re super healthy, then stick with potato wedges like I have done.
Whole 30 Airfryer Steak & Wedges
- Start by chopping up your mushrooms into medium slices and giving them a wash. Then also chop your potatoes into wedges shapes and also give them a quick wash too. Toss the fillet steak in salt, pepper and parsley. Then using a pastry brush, brush the 1tbsp PrimalFat Coconut Ghee over the steak.
- Place the potato wedges into the Airfryer and cook for 10 minutes at 180c with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a small mixing bowl (it must be small enough so it can fit in the Airfryer and be Airfryer safe) add 2tbsp of PrimalFat Coconut Ghee, the coconut milk the garlic and the rest of the seasoning. Mix well, add the mushrooms to it and put to one side.
- Add to the Airfryer the steak (placing it over the potatoes) and cook for a further 8 minutes at 180c. Remove the steak and leave it to rest on the side so that it can finish its cooking process.
- While the steak is resting cook for the mushrooms in the sauce for 5 minutes on 180c. Remove the potatoes and the mushroom sauce from the Airfryer and serve with our Paleo mustard mayonnaise.
Where To Source Your Fillet Steak To Make Whole 30 Airfryer Steak & Wedges:
Whole 30 Day 18
I am back with my day 18 on the Whole 30. Today is a first….its been the first day when I totally have not thought about foods that I had before. No thoughts of eating chocolate, eating lasagne, eating a Big Mac of having a glass of wine. I think the Whole 30 has finally turned me.
I am sure it is on off and it will be on my brain again tomorrow, but it makes you realise like any addiction, that after all your body gets used to not having any.
What I ATE On Day EIGHTEEN Of The Whole 30
Today we are having steak and nothing can be as good as that for the Whole 30 can it? A big juicy piece of steak cooked in the Airfryer with homemade sauce and homemade wedges.
Breakfast = Pepper Omelette
Lunch = Steak & Wedges
Dinner = Thai Vegetable Curry
Exercise = 5km Country Walk/Run
So you guessed it…breakfast was another pepper omelette. Well it ticks all the boxes. It is protein boosting from the egg, has vegetables in it and gives you an excellent start to the day. It also keeps your calories in check if you want to lose weight while on the Whole 30.
Then lunch was steak and wedges. Oh my god…..talk about food heaven and I will always appreciate this as the best diet food in the world EVER.
Then for dinner we have a round of Thai veggie curry. Mainly because its a great way to eat loads of vegetables in a creamy sauce with some heat thrown in.