Welcome to another delicious Instant Pot recipe and today we have a huge treat for you with a Whole 30 Beef Pot Roast.
It features delicious seasonal vegetables, amazing roast beef, a Whole 30 approved vegetable stock and loads of healthy goodness.
Firstly though, let me tell you about the vegetable stock that I grew up on….You see I am British born and vegetable stock always involved the trusted OXO Cube.
They also came in a lot of different flavours. You had chicken, lamb and beef was the most famous one of the bunch.
What you would do is crumble one of these cubes into boiling water and stir it and it would eventually mix into your water a bit like gravy.
It had that OXO taste to it. Nothing particularly special but something that would flavour your food.
It was something that you never questioned it was just something you bought. Just like the fact that you were always told to season your food with salt and pepper. It was just something that you did.
So when I went Paleo and followed the Whole 30 programme last summer I was a bit shocked that I couldn’t use it and that I would have to go 30 days without it.
I mean what was I going to put in my food???
Well I did what most Paleo and Whole 30 followers do and that was make one from scratch using leftover stock from some soup I was cooking.
It wasn’t that great as I am no master when it comes to veggie stock but it did the trick and I was there wishing that I could have something a little better and with a little less effort.
So I am screaming out WHY DIDN’T I KNOW that you could get a low food map veggie stock and that it could become a healthy way to add flavour to your meals???
I am doing another round of the Whole 30 this summer and reflecting on my last one last summer my thoughts are going back to the fact that last year I was unorganised and didn’t realise how many great things you could use to make your Whole 30 easier.
Well this recipe is the first of many that shows the Whole 30 is EASY and there are great alternatives out there to the unhealthy foods you currently have.
More Family Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Bite Sized BBQ Pork Ribs
- Instant Pot Bacalhau Bake
- Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
- Instant Pot Turkey Risotto
- Instant Pot Vegetable Chow Mein
- Instant Pot Coconut King Prawns
Whole 30 Beef Pot Roast In The Instant Pot
- Toss the beef joint in salt and pepper. Rub sage into the into the beef too.
- Heat the oil in your Instant Pot on the saute setting and brown all sides of the beef.
- Click the cancel button and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the Instant Pot and place it on a plate or a chopping board or whatever is easiest.
- Peel and chop the carrots into big chunks, peel the fresh garlic and quarter the potatoes with the skin still on them.
- Place the vegetables and the garlic in the bottom of the Instant Pot and using your hands mix it into the juices that are left over in the bottom from sautéing the beef.
- Position the beef on top of the vegetables.
- Add 250ml of vegetable or beef stock (I used that new powdered veggie stock mix for this and it was fantastic).
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with Paleo style gravy.