Welcome to my Whole 30 Friendly Airfryer Whole Chicken. Enjoy the most crispy chicken you have ever had thanks to the Airfryer.
Moist, perfect for a quick Whole 30 meal and so good you will come back for more.
When I steam some chicken I will often give the skin to the dog. She is of course very grateful and hangs around praying, just in case I don’t want the actual chicken either, as she is eager to point out her love for everything meaty.
The reason I give it away, is because unless it is crispy I really don’t see that it is worth the calories that I am gaining for something that is only ever meant to be super crispy.
I love my chicken skin it is like heaven, and the same goes for turkey skin too.
I am just smitten and I am the one getting told off by Dominic on Thanksgiving for stealing all the skin from the turkey and potentially making it dry.
I also believe the sales of the Philips XL Airfryer wouldn’t be so high if it wasn’t for the idea of the recipe that we are showcasing today.
The idea that you can put a whole chicken in an Airfryer and it will cook absolutely perfectly. Delicious crispy skin, full of flavour and then a moist centre.
If you are wondering how it will turn out, then think for a minute of the rotisserie chicken that you buy from the supermarket and how good and crispy it is.
But that cooks for a lot longer than this and imagine coming home from work, setting up your Airfryer and then having chicken and salad for dinner with your family.
And if you are currently on the Whole 30 (like I am) then even better. And it goes just so good with sliced avocado.
Whole 30 Friendly Airfryer Whole Chicken
- Preheat the Airfryer to 170c.
- Make sure your chicken is nice and dry. Then sprinkle salt, pepper and mixed herbs onto the skin. Then rub olive oil over the skin.
- Remove the giblets from inside the chicken. Chop the onion in half (with its skin still on) and place in the cavity of the chicken.
- Place it in the basket in the Airfryer upside down so that its bottom is stuck in the air. Cook for 20 minutes and then turn it over so that breast is facing up and cook for a further 20 minutes.
Where To Source Your Whole Chicken To Make Whole 30 Friendly Airfryer Whole Chicken:
Whole 30 Day 15
I am back with my day 15 on the Whole 30. And we are officially half way there. Half way through and only half way to go.
I suppose it’s the time for a pat on the back and to be proud of yourself for getting to this point. So if you are on day 15 then a big thumbs up to you!
Though today I have had a super busy working day, I am super tired and hardly thought about food, so maybe that is progress…
What I ATE On Day FIFTEEN Of The Whole 30
Today has been a great day. I have a load of leftover salad and I must hold a record by having it over three different meals. See I am frugal too!
Breakfast = Pulled Pork Salad
Lunch = Bunless Burger & Salad
Dinner = Whole Chicken & Salad
Exercise = 5km Country Walk/Run
For breakfast we start the day with pulled pork salad. A meal that you would only ever have on the Whole 30 = otherwise known as using up all your leftovers.
Then for lunch it is more pulled pork salad, but this time with one of Dominic’s delicious homemade burgers thrown over the top!
Then in the evening for dinner we have a delicious whole chicken and salad. Oh and did I tell you that this recipe is just perfect for the Whole 30 and you can make the most amazing crispy whole chicken in the Airfryer.
Whole 30 Grocery Shopping List Days 11-15
Every 5 days I have been sharing with my grocery shopping list on the Whole 30 so that you can buy fresh like me. This is days 11 to 15.
When USING My Whole 30 Grocery Shopping List Please Note:
- Please expect that there is allowance for fruit to snack on. If you are doing the Whole 30 for weight loss avoid these products.
- There is a pantry section on this list and you might find that you have these products already so could save even more money.
- Without leftovers you could feed 4-5 people. Or with leftovers 3-4 people.
- We followed this and this is our grocery shopping list as mum, dad, a teenager and a toddler.
Now how about joining me in your own Whole 30? Join me in the whole 30 diet challenge and have 30 full days of delicious home cooked meals.
Get better, get rid of the health problems associated with a bad diet and fall in love with food all over again.