Welcome to my Whole 30 Thai Coconut King Prawns In The Instant Pot. Delicious taste of Thailand that is perfect for a quick Instant Pot meal or snack. Even better thrown over a salad to warm you up after a long day.
If you have read my food blog for a while then you will know that my Grandad & Uncle were fishermen. This meant that growing up there was always a lot of fresh seafood.
I would get really excited about eating a fresh crab direct from its shell and feeling really clever when I was little that I had managed to get every last bit of the crab meat eaten and that there had been zero waste.
I would also absolutely love prawns. In a prawn cocktail, in a paella, fish pie or just in a classic prawn sandwich. I just had a big addiction to them and could never stop at just one portion.
But I am talking the big ones here, the king prawns. Not the tiny ones that once cooked resort to pretty much nothing and seem like something worthless that was such an effort to cook, considering that you got left with hardly anything at all!
Then steamed in the Instant Pot, tossed in seasoning and then served either on their own as perfect finger food or thrown over a salad. Either way I am there with bells on waiting to tuck in.
In this Thai version we will be cooking them with coconut oil and smothering them in garlic along with spices to give an amazing flavour.
We are also find that a recipe like this is perfect for if you have stopped being excited during your Whole 30 and are missing your old comfort food.
More Family Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Bite Sized BBQ Pork Ribs
- Instant Pot Beef Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Bacalhau Bake
- Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
- Instant Pot Turkey Risotto
- Instant Pot Vegetable Chow Mein
- Place a cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place the steamer basket into the Instant Pot.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the lime, garlic, coconut oil and curry paste so that they are well mixed.
- Add everything else to the bowl and make sure the prawns are well tossed in the marinade.
- Place the prawns into the steamer basket and place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing. Cook on the steamer function for 1 minute.
- Manually release pressure, shake the prawns and serve with sprinkled cumin.
I have average sized king prawns if you have bigger prawns then please adjust your timings.
Save the water from below as it will now be well coated in the marinade and will make an excellent stock for a fish pie.
Whole 30 Day 10
I am on day 10 and I it sounds amazing to say that I am in double figures and that I am well on my way into my Whole 30. By the end of today I will be able to say that I am a third of the way through my Whole 30 challenge.
Plus for me today is the day when the bingeing has stopped. When you first start the Whole 30 you find that you are giving up so much that you have a mad urge to binge. You have lost your cheese, your chocolate, your processed foods, your wine and your pasta. At first you feel like you need high calorie things to replace them.
But now at day 10 your body has readjusted and it is ready for a change in calories and a change in foods.
So if like me, you have found yourself having a lot of coconut products, or a lot of fruit, then now is the time that you can calm down and return to normal.
What I ATE On Day TEN Of The Whole 30
For day 10 it is our second Wednesday and the great halfway point. A time when you are either sick of all the Whole 30 food or you’re absolutely loving it. For me, I am in complete and utter food heaven.
Breakfast = Pepper Omelette
Lunch = Prawn Salad
Dinner = Roast Chicken & Tomatoes
Exercise = 5km run/walk
For breakfast it is another one of Dominic’s delicious pepper omelettes. It is amazing and with sliced avocado in the middle is the perfect start to the day. I have just been out for a run and need something to take me out of the minus calories and this works a treat!
For lunch I have a prawn salad. Made with these delicious king prawns that we have featured in this recipe and over a bed of lettuce with fresh tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and onion.
Then for dinner it is a massive helping of fresh tomatoes along side roast chicken. We buy a big tray of fresh tomatoes whenever we are visiting our local cash and carry. I can’t remember the weight of them as there are so many but its about 5 kilos. We get through them in about 2 weeks and they just taste so good!
Whole 30 Grocery Shopping List Days 6-10
Every 5 days on my Whole 30 I will be sharing with you my menu and grocery shopping list. That way you can print it off and then go and do your shopping. Also by doing it every 5 days it allows you to shop for fresh fruit and vegetables on a regular basis.
When USING My Whole 30 Grocery Shopping List Please Note:
- We are not huge eaters and these meals didn’t include leftovers. Therefore if you have a big appetite or are feeding more than 4 then please increase the grocery amounts by about 20%.
- Our grocery list includes a reasonable amount of fruit and extra vegetables for snacking on.
- Our breakfasts are really simple. You could instead bulk up your evening meals and have this for breakfast.
- This menu is based on feeding four people – mum, dad and 2 kids.
The Kitchen Deluxe Steamer Basket
We are on day 10 and after spending the last 5 days using our steamer basket we are at the end of our steamer feature. It has been great fun checking out the Kitchen Deluxe Steamer Basket and sharing with you just how great it is for using with your Instant Pot. And did we mention how amazing it is for the Whole 30?
It is breathtaking just how good it is and we totally urge you to get involved and jump on the bandwagon and start steaming your food inside the electric pressure cooker.
Pressure cookers have come such a long way from the days of my Grandma and her exploding mushy peas on the ceiling. And we can honestly say that apart from a small milk incident, we have not had to worry!
If you have missed our series then you can check it out below:
- Whole 30 Day 6 = Whole 30 Deconstructed Chicken & Mushroom Pie In The Instant Pot
- Whole 30 Day 7 = Whole 30 Easy Carrot Pasta In The Instant Pot
- Whole 30 Day 8 = Whole 30 Hearty Brazilian Potatoes In The Instant Pot
- Whole 30 Day 9 = Whole 30 No Peel Baked Sweet Potato In The Instant Pot
And also read reviews of the Kitchen Deluxe Steamer Basket on each of the days.
Buy The Kitchen Deluxe Steamer Basket
If you would like to buy The Kitchen Deluxe Steamer Basket (the same one we have) or explore the rest of their range then you can do so by clicking on the banner below:
“Please use this Coupon code: RECIPTHS to get a fantastic 15% discount”
Now how about joining me in your own Whole 30? Join me in the whole 30 diet challenge and have 30 full days of delicious home cooked meals. Get better, get rid of the health problems associated with a bad diet and fall in love with food all over again.