Welcome to my Whole30 slow cooked pilau cauliflower rice recipe. Introduce some Indian food into your life during your whole30 with this homemade cauliflower rice version of the high carb classic.
If you have not gathered we are in January now and in my mind January is always the diet month. This is the month when everyone is going mad for their diets and they think of nothing more but weight loss and turning over a new healthy leaf.
For me I HATE, I mean I REALLY HATE the word diet and would never go on a diet ever again. But what I do LIKE is to be HEALTHY. The idea that you can eat healthy food, enjoy the healthy food and feel like you’re in the best physical shape of your life.
One of the ways of doing this is just eating really delicious homemade healthy food and that is what our recipes are all about in January. We will be starting the month with Whole30 recipes (just like the lemon chicken we did yesterday) and then as the month progresses showing you some delicious uses for your blender and then finishing the month with some delicious flourless dishes.
For today we are focusing on our Pilau Cauliflower Rice. This is because when you are eating what you like, that when you go on a diet you always miss that traditional curry. Then you have that curry that shouts out comfort food and makes the perfect Saturday night meal. But when you have a healthy version there is never any good rice to go with it. But with this version you can still have your curry and rice and enjoy a lovely meal without feeling like you are eating rabbit food.
Here are a few ideas of some curries to go with the pilau rice:
[clickToTweet tweet=”#Whole30 #SlowCooked #Pilau #cauliflowerrice Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#Whole30 #SlowCooked #Pilau #cauliflowerrice Recipe via recipe_this”]
Whole30 Slow Cooked Pilau Cauliflower Rice
- In the slow cooker add the onion, garlic, olive oil and mustard. Leave to colour for ½ an hour while you get the rest of your ingredients ready.
- Peel and dice two large carrots. In a food processor add your cauliflower and turn it into cauliflower breadcrumbs (otherwise known as cauli rice) and then put to one side.
- After 30 minutes add to the slow cooker everything else apart from your cauliflower.
- Mix well and allow to cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Add your cauliflower, mix well and cook on low for a further 2 hours.
- Serve with a delicious homemade curry.