Welcome to my latest whole30 recipe. In this recipe I will be showing you my whole30 truly crispy air fryer coconut prawns. Instead of having the traditional deep fried prawns try these delicious air fryer coconut prawns instead. Full of flavour and taste naughty when they’re truly healthy!
This is the last of my 10 days dedicated to the Whole 30 book and changing your life by following the Whole 30. These recipes are meant to give you some extra choices of what you can eat while on the Whole 30 and that there is more to life than just eating boiled vegetables with dry meat.
Out of the last 10 days this one has to be one of my favourites. Just because you are taking a classic like breaded prawns and showing that there is much healthier ways to enjoy them than with breadcrumbs or deep fried.
I used to love having them at the Chinese buffet. They would be deep fried and taste really good. Clearly I overlooked how much grease was on them!
But in this Whole 30 recipe we will be breading them in cauliflower, soaking them in coconut and garlic and then cooking them in the air fryer.
They are food heaven, but not just food heaven but healthy food heaven.
You could also use this as a base for your breaded food. You could do the same with mushrooms, aubergines, courgettes, chicken or even onions. Though I also have them like this at Christmas with leftover turkey. Another option (which tastes so good BTW) is to use them as a topping on mussels for a good dinner party snack.
I actually made these the night before me writing them up now and I just want to eat another platter of them as it is making me hungry writing about them!
Or a delicious PLAN B that i love is Low Carb Bang Bang Shrimp. Totally gluten free and sugar free at the same time.
More Whole30 Recipes In The Airfryer
Whole30 Truly Crispy Air Fryer Coconut Prawns
- Clean your prawns and place them in a mixing bowl.
- In a wok (or frying pan) melt your coconut oil. Toss your prawns and garlic puree into it for a minute or two and then place them in the mixing bowl.
- Add to them your lemon, red Thai curry paste, salt and pepper and mix well. Wrap your mixing bowl with cling film and place them in the fridge for an hour.
- While your prawns are cooling make your breadcrumbs. In a blender (don’t clean it out after the lemons) mix together the cauliflower so that it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the rest of the seasoning along with some extra salt and pepper. Pour it into a mixing bowl ready for breading your prawns.
- In another bowl beat your egg.
- Get your prawns out and pat them dry so that they are damp rather than soaking wet. Toss them in the breadcrumbs, then in the egg and then back in the breadcrumbs.
- Place in the air fryer for 10 minutes on a baking sheet at 180c.
- Serve with fresh lemon.